News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Track

Started by johnny4n, January 29, 2010, 05:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnny4n

How do I make an adaption from E-Z Track to just plain n-gage track?

Franz T

The easiest way would be to take the E-Z Track to the nearest trash can and use Atlas or Peco flex track on your layout.  ;D Also avoid Atlas switches, use Peco for best results. If you want to use track with built-in roadbed, consider Kato.......

ABC

Use cork roadbed equal in height to that of the Bachmann roadbed and cut the cork to fit with the Bachmann piece. Color tab on Bachmann piece to blend in.

en4cer

I can't agree with Franz T, however everyone has their opinions. ABC's sugestion is right on, I use different styles of track on my layout and as long as the transition pieces match then you shouldn't have a problem. As ABC suggests, make sure the height of the two different sections match, one thing to add from my own experience is to make a secure tight connection between the rails of the two different sections. I have had issues with this. Good luck.

communaldungpile

If I'm not mistaken Bachmann makes adapter track pieces to switch between brands. I just cut off the ends to match. I have sections of Bachmann attached to Kato (n scale) and they work great....

Mark