Changing a Bachmann Loco DCC address for a MRC Prodigy Advanced

Started by jeh, January 30, 2010, 05:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeh

Help, I just purchased a MRC Prodigy Advanced DCC. I have 2 Bachmann Loco's both with an address of "3", How do I change the Loco's address so they are different?

Thanks,
John

Nigel

This is covered in the manual for your MRC Prodigy Advanced.  Each DCC system handles it a slightly differently.
Nigel
N&W 1950 - 1955

lmackattack

with the loco on the main track

press loco, 0003, enter
press the Program button untill the display reads "prog main",press enter.
when the screen flashes "ADR" put in your new number (example 1255), enter.
skip thru the other default settings by pressing enter.
press loco,"1255", enter

you should have control of the loco.

CNE Runner

John - If you have one of the 'less expensive' Bachmann diesels (such as the GP35) changing the address is no problem...follow Imackattack's procedures. If you have a Spectrum American 4-4-0, you will need a dedicated programing track and a Soundtraxx Programing Booster. The booster is available from Walthers' (among other locations) and is easy to install.

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

DaveS

I have a Prodigy Express and couldn't programme my Spectrum Consolidation with factory sound. I was stuck with address 3 and all factory settings.
You don't need a programme track booster.
On Programming on the Main:
1) programme CV 17 and 18. This will programme the long address. You will need to get the CV values for the address you want and there is a website that will calculate it for you. I wanted an address of 2425 so I had to use values of 201 for CV 17 and 121 for 18. I can't find the address of that site but may have it on my computer at work.
2) programme CV 29=34.
I did the above and now have the correct address and can change CV's at will.
A DCC guru on another site gave me these instructions and they do work. It has something to do with unlocking the long address if I recall correctly.
Hope this helps and saves you the cost of a booster.

DaveS

I have the address of the site where you can get CV 17 & 18 calculated. It is :
www.2mm.org.uk.
Hope this helps.