News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann track

Started by Larry48, February 01, 2010, 04:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry48

I just purchased hat was purported to be 30" pieces of Bachmann EZ  "N" track from The Favorite Spot. I was surprised when i went to use them that they were THREE 10" sections connected to total 30".  The Favorite Spot says this is how Bachmann advertises it and they do not feel like they have to change their write-up to reflect the actual fact  of three 10"= 30" piece and I should discuss this on Ask The Bachmann.  Bachmann's web site only states 30" bulk track;25 pieces to the box. What is everyone's opinion about the Favorite Spot advertising of this item? should it be changed?  thanx   larry

Jhanecker2

It should be changed ,  it should differenciate between   10"x 3 pcs. and 30"x 1pc. The longer track has less resistance than the combination with 4 more pieces of track clips. There is a marked difference in the cost of the 30" of track. If you take Bachmanns MSRP for a piece of 30" Bulk track it costs $11.00/pc , if you figure 3x10" Bulk price it is $6.14 for 30", and if you take 3x10" from their 6pc card pack it amounts to $9.25 for the equivalent 30". How much did you pay for the track ?  John II

Larry48

To John. As it turned out I did not pay the Buy It Now price of $145 for the alleged 25- 30" pieces, but got it for a bid of $78.00, which turned out to be a great price for in essence 75 pieces of 10" track. It is not the price I paid which erks me, but the feeling that I was taken (I already have 10" track) by reading a description of the item which was false.

ABC

The phrase "Caveat emptor" comes to mind when dealing with ebay.

Pacific Northern

The 30" n gauge track advertisement certainly does not say anything other than 30" of track with no mention of 3 - 10" pieces.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=226

Sounds like Bachmann should change their ad, the vendor is only using what Bachmann is advertising.
Pacific Northern

Jhanecker2

The Bachmann Add for that particular Part Number is correct as it stands; it calls out for a single 30" long piece of track.  Since there is another Part Number for Bulk 10" track segments, I  do not see the reason for changing the original add. John II

Doneldon

Let me also say, in Favorite Spot's defense, that they do a good job on ebay.  Fair prices.  Excellent service.  Shipping a little steep but they tell you about it in advance .

NarrowMinded

I've always been happy with the favorite spot. But for them to pass it on as a problem with bachmanns wording is just plain wrong, if that is in fact what they have done.  regardless of how "bachmann" lists it ,THEY listed it as 25 pieces of 30" track NOT 75 pieces of 10" track. they have a responsibility to check what they are selling and make sure it is accurate.

NM

mabloodhound

The Favorite Spot is a good e-bay seller and usually responsive to complaints.
I would contact him again and I'm sure he would take it back.   Do NOT just give him a negative rating.   Tell him that if he changes his wording, you will give him a positive rating.   At least you'll be helping the next buyer.
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

Robertj668

Larry

I Love the favorite spot. They are just up the street from me.
They list everything close to the the catalog. The HO 36" are the same way. However these are 36" length rails with four 9" sections of roadbed. Bachmann should mention this.

Now the Favorite spot is not a Hobby shop nor are they Trains Experts.  But they have the best prices anywhere.  So I always reference the catalog if I have any questions. I have never had any problems with returns with them.

Robert

BaltoOhioRRfan

Larry just said what i was going to say. The ad is correct as in its 36" of rail. The roadbed is in sections for flexability for grades and what not. if you need to bend it a little for a grade it would be a little hard for a 36 inch piece of road bed. now sectional road bed with 36 inches of rail would be easier to bend. the HO 36 inch piece is really 2 pieces in 1 but with 36 inches of rail on top.
Emily C.
BaltoOhioRRFan
B&O - America's #1 Railroad.

My Collection on FB - https://www.facebook.com/EmilysModelRailroad
My Collection on YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/user/BORRF