News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Original Gandy Dancer spares

Started by MAELLIS, February 03, 2010, 01:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAELLIS

I'm repairing my poor old G scale Gandy Dancer which finally died on me. One of the axle gears was split (again) but I've managed to fix this by using a thin wire "U" across the split but the drive belt has become dried out and is unusable. >:( The service department doesn't have these spares any more. I want to get this running again as it is very popular at our annual exhibition. Has anyone ever found a replacement drive belt and if so do they have any reference numbers.
I measured the old belt and it's 0.7 mm in cross setion and about 16 mm internal diameter.

Martin Ellis, Norway

armorsmith

Take the dimensions you have and go to your local hydraulics supplier and see what he can do in an 'O' Ring.  Either neoprene or silicon should work, silicon will be better in the summer heat.

Bob C.

NarrowMinded

I would try a local mom and pop style electronics repair shop they will likely have some drive belts for dvd, VCR or old cassette players laying around.

NM

Chuck N

We have a Sears Hardware Store near us and they have a large assortment of "O" rings.  I think that is something you could find in most hardware stores.

Chuck

MAELLIS

Thanks for the replies ! I'll get back with how I get on.

Martin