Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann suburban double Decker's

Started by buzz, February 04, 2010, 06:18:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzz

Hi guys
Can any one tell me.
Which of the cars is the driving trailer.
One has no picture the other the on line picture is too small for me to tell which is which.
This seems a good way to get a decent passenger capacity passenger train in a small space.
Naturally I would like the driving trailer first.
regards John
A model railway can be completed but its never finished

Jhanecker2

I would like to know what cities actually use that particular type of gallery car. It does not look like the cars we use in Chicago . John II

BillD53A

Jhanecker2

They look like some of the cars being built by Bombadier for some of the Eastern Railroads. They don't look like the cars being used in California. The Japanese are also building cars in the US for use here.  They don't look like the gallery cars that were originally made by Pullman-Standard . CNW had quite a fleet for suburban service that the RTA and Later Metra utilized and is still using .  Those have doors  in the middle of the cars . Kato sells both the coach and the cab-coach and I think Walters does or did as well . John II

D.Harrison

Why are some of you avoiding BillD53A's response.  They ARE models of Chinese commuter cars run in China.

David Harrison

buzz

Sorry to be a pain
But can any of you tell me which is the driving trailer.
I assume these are loco hauled push pull coaches.
They just look like a modern coach set to me, that I like' and I don't want to get caught out by purchasing the wrong one first.
As an after thought where can I get a Bachmann SJ steam loco that is defiantly a Chinese one, and is unusual in the fact it has an air horn and steam whistle as well.
regards John

BillD53A

Everywhere I look for these models I see they are on 'Advance Reservation' status.  Did any make it to North America yet?  I can't find pics online of either a prototype or a model, except the model pix on Bachman's website.  Looks like they haven't gotten here yet, so no one has seen one.  I see Bachman is offering a single car in MBTA paint or in 3 or 4 unlettered paint schemes,the only difference being the stripes.  Looks like there is only 1 type of car. Can't tell whether it has a cab.
The Nanjing Puzhen Rolling Stock Works made bi-level commuter cars but I don't know if that is the prototype.
Both N&W's J-class and SP's Daylight locos had air horns.  It wasn't that unusual to find steam with air horns.

ryeguyisme

Quote from: buzz on February 05, 2010, 12:45:43 AM
Sorry to be a pain
But can any of you tell me which is the driving trailer.
I assume these are loco hauled push pull coaches.
They just look like a modern coach set to me, that I like' and I don't want to get caught out by purchasing the wrong one first.
As an after thought where can I get a Bachmann SJ steam loco that is defiantly a Chinese one, and is unusual in the fact it has an air horn and steam whistle as well.
regards John

JS or SY?

Flashwave

Quote from: D.Harrison on February 04, 2010, 08:33:12 PM
Why are some of you avoiding BillD53A's response.  They ARE models of Chinese commuter cars run in China.

David Harrison

*Ahem* These are also almost a dead-ringer for the Kawasaki coaches. (The roof-mounted unit is is flush with the ends on the model, not the prototype) Now, it's entirely possible that their imported by both China and the US, since Kawasaki is Japanese, but try this: http://www.ble272.org/Bilevelcars.htm (Of note, that page listed the design as being by Bombardier, similar car though)

I believe NJTransit is running these cars.

So is MBTA
http://www.khi.co.jp/sharyo/pro_final/train/mbta1700.jpg
Marc as a corrugated varient:
http://www.trainweb.org/marcrailfan/marc7849.jpg
As is Long Island:
http://www.khi.co.jp/sharyo/pro_final/train/lirr.jpg

NWsteam

QuoteBoth N&W's J-class and SP's Daylight locos had air horns.

False. N&W J's did not carry an airhorn during regular service. 611 might have during excursion service, but not during regular service.

BillD53A

Thanks for the pics.  While all the transit agencies in the images use bi-level cars, the model is not a match for any of them.  It does appear closest to the MBTA car.  I believe the models are models of Chinese cars.  I wouldn't let that stop me.  If you like them, use them. 

Flashwave

Quote from: BillD53A on February 11, 2010, 07:32:09 AM
Thanks for the pics.  While all the transit agencies in the images use bi-level cars, the model is not a match for any of them.  It does appear closest to the MBTA car.  I believe the models are models of Chinese cars.  I wouldn't let that stop me.  If you like them, use them. 

Me? I wanna take a Walthers Gallery Car, (More headroom, I think, for what I want) and drop a motor into the lower level, instant powered cab car. More seating, when you replace the loco with a coach.

And yeah, I dunnow hat I was on, the Long Island doesn;'t look right at all after re-looking. Doofy me. Puts some ideas out there though.

buzz

[/quote]

JS or SY?
[/quote]

OOPS!
Sorry that should have been "CJ"
regards John