Running two trains with EZ track

Started by Vinny, April 29, 2007, 05:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny

I put together a layout with EZ track in N scale with an outside and inside oval connected with switches. I was told to put inulated rail joiners on the outside rail where the two switches meet. I hooked up a power pack to both ovals. I tried running the train to see if it would go into the inside oval and vice-versa but it stopped once it hit the switch. I was told by the guy at the local train store that as long as I have the same type of power pack and terminal, I should be fine. Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

Hunt

Get a copy of The Complete Atlas Wiring Book -- All Scales -- Book # 12.

It has diagrams showing how to connect the two DC power packs to the rails so you do not reverse polarity and where to correctly place insulated rail joiners.

Or take a drawing of your layout to the model trains store and ask them for help.

Vinny

That's exactly what I did and I only have 6 insulated joiners for the whole layout. I'm wondering if I need more at other points on the layout and where they should be.

Hunt

Using two turnouts, you only need six insulated points using insulated joiners or gaps in rail.  Take your layout drawing back to the store for help.

If the N scale E-Z Track turnouts are power routing then they will need to be modified so they are all power.

Vinny

They are all power routing. I have four switches on each side connecting both ovals plus an extra one on each side for a siding. That's 10 switches and a total of 6 insulated joiners. How do I modify the switches? Thanks for the advice!
??? :-\