News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

N&W 611

Started by tac, February 05, 2010, 11:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tac

Afternoon, Bach-Mann.

Grrrrrrrr.  I bought the Bachmann N&W 611 from a UK dealer only to find, on opening it up, that that the canteen is missing.  His advert never mentioned this omission, either.

Are they available as a separate item?

tac
www.ovgrs.org

ABC

You can contact the parts department for availability.

Atlantic Central

Yes they are sold seperately.

Was it advertised to have the aux tender?

Did the box have a space for the aux tender?

Bachmann has sold them both ways over the years.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=1890

No aux tender sold with this version of 611.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=133

Or this one?

But these two are available seperately:

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=268

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=269

Sheldon

tac

Well, the packaging that my loco came in has the [empty] space for the canteen.....I'll order one from the relative address.

Thanks for the advice, guys.

tac
www.ovgrs.org

ABC

I'm not familiar with the term canteen, I did not know you were talking about the auxiliary tender.

RAM

I would say to check with the dealer.

tac

Quote from: ABC on February 05, 2010, 06:09:15 PM
I'm not familiar with the term canteen, I did not know you were talking about the auxiliary tender.

Showing my age, here.  We alus usta call 'em canteens on account they held the water.  Hereabouts we speak as little French as we can help.

tac
www.ovgrs.org

Jhanecker2

Think of canteen in American English as a liquid holding device , also as an anglisized translation of cantina or a place to have beverages served in.   John II

ABC

Quote from: Jhanecker2 on February 05, 2010, 06:45:30 PM
Think of canteen in American English as a liquid holding device , also as an anglisized translation of cantina or a place to have beverages served in.   John II
I know what a canteen is, I just never knew an auxiliary water tender could be called a canteen, but it makes sense.

ebtnut

I have seen the term canteen used with reference to US steam, though it seems to me that it is mostly a term used west of the 100th meridian.

r0bert

not sure if they were marketed differently in the UK, but for the US models, the freight versions of the J came with the AUX tender, while the Passenger versions did not.

Atlantic Central

Quote from: r0bert on February 06, 2010, 11:38:05 PM
not sure if they were marketed differently in the UK, but for the US models, the freight versions of the J came with the AUX tender, while the Passenger versions did not.

So the real question might be did both passenger and freight versions use the same box/packaging? Thus explaining why the OP thought it was "missing".

Sheldon

tac

Quote from: r0bert on February 06, 2010, 11:38:05 PM

Sorry, should have mentioned that I bought my loco - 608 [the freight version with the other tender]-  in the US of A.  I don't buy anything over here in UK.

I find it has an adverse effect on my wallet.

tac
www.ovgrs.org

ABC

Quote from: Atlantic Central on February 07, 2010, 08:17:25 AM
So the real question might be did both passenger and freight versions use the same box/packaging? Thus explaining why the OP thought it was "missing".
The freight version box is different than the passenger version box, so that rules that out. But unless it was claimed to be factory brand new and not just brand new engine, with no mention of the tender, you can't do anything. It is possible this guy wasn't a Bachmann dealer, so if he wants he can take the aux. tender out and just sell the loco individually and you would have absolutely no recourse if this were the case.