News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Just Wondering Why?

Started by lwmlwm44, February 05, 2010, 06:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lwmlwm44

I have all Bachmann track and swtiches and so far quite satisfied with them.   I do have a couple of issues though..........why arn't there mounting holes in the 22 in. radius curves...........there are mounting holes in all the other curve sizes but the 22 in ones.

Also, on the end of track units, there is a mounting hole trouble is, its right under the bumper and I can see no way to be able to insert a nail or screw into it from above.    Why didn't they drill the hole in the last tie.......would have been nice.

Another odditiy I have notices about my EZ DCC Command station is that when I turn the power off completely to the unit and then turn it back on, the No. 2 switch address activates and throws the switch..........why that is I can't understand or figure out how to resolve it...........I just live with it.   The other switch addresses are not effected, but only the No. 2 address for some reason.   

Along this same line is the No. 1 DCC switch address.........every once in a while it refuses towork...........so I have the turn the unit off and then turn it back on and it resets and everything seems to be backto normal.

Was wondering if anyone else has noticed any unusual quirks with their system

Happy Model Railroading to all.

Larry

jward

a number 61 drill bit in a pin vise quickly takes care of the lack of mounting holes in track. best thing is, you can drill these holes anywhere you please.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

uncbob

Must be a manufacturing defect
Mine have holes at each end and in the middle

ABC

The holes are there, they are just covered probably.

lwmlwm44

on multiple occasions I have ordered 22 in radius ez track with the grey road bed.   I must have well over 50 pieces...........there are no holes like on the 18.   On the underside of the track you can see where there are stems that comedown from the track where the holes are..........there are no stems on the 22 in. pieces I have.   Yes I have some tracks where the hole is present on 18 as well as the 26 and 28 in radius but they are not drilled all the way thru.

Larry

Jhanecker2

Most holes on plastic molded parts are molded in by pins. These pins of small diameter are usually  the first things to wear out or break off due to the temperatures and forces involve in injection molding of parts. Changing out pins requires the removal of the mold & disassembly  and replacement of the wornout parts. The rebuilt mold is then reassembled  & returned into the molding machine. All of this requires highly skilled trained personnell  and also spare molds to allow for continued production of parts during mold downtime.  Therefore your going to have imperfect parts that you will have to drillout yourself when necessary . John II