News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Climax parts ?

Started by smcgill, February 05, 2010, 06:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smcgill

My back drive shaft has broken. It came off the shaft that comes off the motor shaft. It broke into 3 or 4 pieces.   :-[
Do you think that parts are still available?  ???
Sean

the Bach-man

Dear Sean,
Give service a call and ask!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

smcgill

Well after calling and talking to Irving . ::)
The right parts were given to the parts dept. and were sent out.  ;)
Arirved on  2/23/2010   ;D
Good to go!
Sean

Jon D. Miller

Sean,
Chances are your Climax already has the two piece rear drive shatt.

This is the two piece drive shaft that should be installed in your Climax.

If not, the old one piece drive shaft would cause torque loading that in turn would break a component of the drive shaft or the small gear in the rear motor block.

If your drive shaft failed and there is this two piece drive shaft already installed then the failure is due to some other cause.

For general information.  These two piece drive shafts are available through Bachmann Service. 
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

smcgill

It was the yoke  that was attached to the u joint in the upper right corner of you're pic.  ;)

I ordered two (just in case) and wouldn't you know the other one broke as I was looking @ it.  :o
It came with a small pin that just seems to push in.   :-\
Do I put some Ca on it?  ???
Sean

Jon D. Miller

Sean,
I checked two Climax locomotives.

The pin you reference seems to be an interference fit.  Their is no indictation on either locomotive that these pins will drop out.  Both locomotives have hundreds of hours and there is no indication that the pins have moved or started to work their way out.

If you are concerned a very small drop of CA could be used. However, what happens if you ever want to remove the pin at a later time?  Now, if for some reason the pin just drops in with no interference then CA. or some other type glue/cement would be required.

One of the "Enthusiastic Children"

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)