News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

K-4 Tender

Started by hawaiiho, February 06, 2010, 07:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawaiiho

I just received a new Spectrum K-4  4-6-2. It says it is DCC Ready.

No exploded view and no instructions on how to install the DCC chip. No instructions on even how to open the tender and

gain access to the NMRA plug that is supposed to be inside the tender.

The exploded view on the web site is of no help.

Can some one please help?

Thank you.

ABC

Unscrew the screw underneath the tender, and unsnap the tender and pull it up. There will be an 8-pin socket in the tender with a number corresponding to the pin holes.

hawaiiho

I removed the chrome screw at the forward end of tender, but the cover will not move.

ABC

Unscrew all the screws that are not for the trucks or coupler. There may be 2 more you have to unscrew.

hawaiiho

Other than the trucks, the coupler, and the screw that I have all ready removed, I see no other screws on the tender.

ABC

Well there either has to be one or more screws still in place or you somehow aren't pulling it off right.

hawaiiho

The shell will not  budge and I can find no other screws, beyond coupler, truck, and the ones I removed.

I have opened a lot of Bachmann tenders, but none this difficult.

hotrainlover

My Bachmann Spectrum K-4 tender has 2 screws one in front of the "Water Scoop"  and one in front of the rear truck. 

I had to lift the tender from the front to raise it.  There are small tabs that hold the rear down...

:)

hawaiiho

My tender is the new one that has drilled holes for a speaker.

It came with the DCC Ready Loco  BAC #84013.

hawaiiho

Thanks to everybody that replied.

The inside axle and wheels of both trucks had to be removed to see and access those screws.

Sadly, that did me little good as both screws were "frozen". I even took it to a friend

that I know who installs decoders for folks. He couldn't remove them.

Called Bachmann and they said I would have to send it back to them.

They didn't seem particularly surprised and said they were installed by machine in China.

GN.2-6-8-0

Don't feel like the lone ranger On attempting to remove the 9 retaining screws on my new BLI Y6b so I could access the main drive gears think those little china dolls over there must have used an impact wrench to tighten'em   ;D
Rocky Lives