News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Your latest modeling project

Started by Paul M., April 30, 2007, 06:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul M.

What was your latest project for your model railroad?

Mine was building the Walthers Cornerstone Red Wing flour mill kit... I'll post pics ASAP.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

brad

O scale Keystone saw mill for an NMRA meet this fall, Then my HO scale Keystone bandsaw mill for the layout with complete interior workings. Then SCENERY on the foam board central

brad
I drempt, I planned, I'm building

epeorus

I'm trying to build a traditional adobe pueblo (similar to Taos or Santa Clara) for my version of the Chili Lines in O scale.  I'm trying a new technique using balsa as the base (it's easy to round and to make nice thick windows).  When painted a nice adobe color and having a fine dust blown into the wet paint, it looks pretty good.
The Jemez & Rio Grande, an On30 branch of the Chili Lines.

scottychaos

Here is my last project:

http://gold.mylargescale.com/Scottychaos/On2/index.html

yes, its been a year since I built anything!  :-[
the last year has been very busy!  ;D
(bought a house last summer!)

I plan to start working on Bachmann Forney soon.

Scot

terry2foot

My latest modelling project, a new style roof for my Bridgton 26 foot boxcar;-

http://maineon2.fotopic.net/p40579549.html

Enjoy

Terry2foot

David Meashey

I just finished this primitive wooden MOW water tank car in large scale before the East Coast Large Scale Train Show in York, PA.  The carbody was built by the late Bill Sours as part of a tank car "kit" he presented to various friends in our local garden railroad club.  Those receiving a car had to finish building the tank around a wooden form, stain or paint the wood, and add trucks, couplers and other details.  I still need to paint and weather the metal parts of the car.

Top view:  The hatch opens.

End view: The "business" end of the car with the hose and delivery valve.

Side view: Showing the access ladder to the hatch.

Thanks for looking,
David Meashey

Bill Baker

This week I started my fourth and final layout in HO scale.  I'm in the initial stages of constructing the Rock Island Choctaw Station in Little Rock.  To my knowledge, this should be the only kitbashed version of the station.  If all goes well it should have detailed trackage and building layout representing the early 50's complete with the bridge going across the Arkansas River.
Bill

engineerkyle

All projects look nice!

Here is mine. I freshened up some scenery and added details to Oxford Sand and Gravel in HO scale;

Cheers!

lanny

Nice work all!

My 'latest project' has been to try and get as close to a 'prototypical' ICRR #908 using the Spectrum 2-8-0, as possible. I have the boiler pretty much done though there are a few more details I will add later. The boiler is now ready for sanding, smoothing and painting. Then comes the tender which must be significantly shortened. Something I've never attempted before.

Rather than re-posting photos on this thread, if you want to see 3 early and 3 close to final photos of my 908 boiler, kit bash attempt (BEFORE SANDING AND PREP FOR PAINTING;D , you can find the thread on the Bachmann 'HO' site titled 'Progress on my #908".

lanny nicolet
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

msowsun

My last project was kitbashing an IHC 4-6-4 into a 1930's era CNR 5700.

ebtbob

Msowsun,

VERY nice work.  If you had not mentioned that the engine started as an IHC engine,  I would have never know.    Thanks for sharing the pix with us.

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

hminky

The 4-4-0 that everyone wanted, a wagon topped late 1880's-early 1890's.

A merge of the Athearn/Roundhouse 4-4-0 and IHC oldtime 4-4-0. The small man pointing on the running board is HO scale for the 1880's version. The other figures are OO scale for my 1870's OO scale version. The large box on the tender deck covers the soundcard's capacitor because I have lowered the tender to the max. THe box will be covered with a wood load.

Harold

vic

Recent projects?

What I did with a Columbia that was all worn out

A new loco based on an MDC Roundhouse Climax

Most recent project, a MOW derrick motor unit based on a unit seen a local RR museum.

Large Scale... BTW ;D

lanny

Msowsun, Harold, & Vic,

All of your photos show great work! Thanks for sharing. Excellent modeling!

lanny nicolet
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

Stephen Warrington

Ugh! I should just keep quiet after seeing all the great work above. I have been adding correct trucks  to wooden AMB wood cabeese for the ICRR and building 12 old MDC 3bay off set hoppers with the 1960s black IC scheme of Main Line of Mid-America on the sides. Sorry no current pics of those.

In Large scale a derrick car based on the Y&MV prototype and some custom Y&MV hoppers.

Stephen