News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

manuals for Shay & Climax

Started by mickeykelley, February 12, 2010, 02:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickeykelley

I purchased the 2 truck Shay, Climax and 4-4-0 Spectrum a few years back.  I cannot find the manuals for disassemble now that I want to add sound and Locolink and I no longer have a working VCR machine (everything is DVD).  Are the manuals available in PDF format and video available for download?

Loco Bill

Mickey, as far as I know the manuals are not available in PDF format, but you ma be able to get them from Bachmann Service.   Click on the service dept link on the left of this screen.  It is best to use the 215 number rather than the 800 number.
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products

Cascade Northern

I have the exploded view of the 2 Truck Shay, but not the Climax or 4-4-0.  Here is the link for the Shay:  http://hyaklocoworks.weebly.com/bachmann-2t-shay.html

mickeykelley

Quote from: Cascade Northern on February 12, 2010, 06:09:20 PM
I have the exploded view of the 2 Truck Shay, but not the Climax or 4-4-0.  Here is the link for the Shay:  http://hyaklocoworks.weebly.com/bachmann-2t-shay.html

That was perfect.  Any idea how to get the same for the other 2?

Stumbled into same for hand truck and Christmas hand truck under the site map link but not for climax or 4-4-0.

glennk28

I have a machine by "GO Video"  that can copy between VHS and DVD--in fact have done so with most of my Bachmann VHS's.  Unfortunately, I can't find the VHS for the first shay.  If you have that, and will loan it to me, I can make us both Shay DVD's--if that's OK with the Bach-Man.

mickeykelley

Well I got ******* at myself because I am normally the real organized type and I know I had them at one time.  So I tore up the house looking and found them in a box with other train stuff I had forgot about.  So I did put them in a logical place, but with age comes senility.  I now have them on tape of course and borrowed a converter machine so I can convert.  I don't know if Bachmann will permit me to post but I will once I finish doing it if they say ok.  I also found the manuals and they do have a schematic that I may try to convert to pdf for future.