News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Where's Gus?

Started by jsmvmd, April 30, 2007, 11:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsmvmd

Dear Friends,

Please forgive my ignorance.  Has anyone heard from Gus del Castillo recently?  I would like to get one of his HO track cleaners.

Best Wishes,

Jack

r.cprmier

He pops in here every so often.  We e-mail occasionally, and he told me he does a lot more on other forums now. 

Rich
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

jsmvmd

Dear Rich,

Thanks.  Could you ask him to contact me off line so I could get one of  his track cleaners?  Much appreciated!

Best Wishes,

Jack

r.cprmier

Rich

chewie8han

What are his track cleaners called?  I bought one from him about a year or so ago, and I wouldn't mind another one.

Kevin

guslcp

Hi guys...
Jack, Rich, Kevin...I haven't been around much since WORK has kept me otherwise occupied.  I was told by Rich folks were looking for me here as well.  I appreciate your interest in my TRACK GUARD..!! It is currently listed on eBay - the current listing ends tonight at 9:30 CDT.  I'll probably re-list it starting Monday PM.  Check it out..Search for HO TRACK GUARD.

I know some have reservations about doing business on eBay.  If so...you can e-mail me and we can arrange something.  Thanks.

Keep them tracks clean and those trains rollin'..!!

Gus.
LC&P.

lanny

I've used (and am using) Gus' track cleaner product and it works great. If you are dealing with Gus using eBay, I don't think you need to worry at all!

lanny nicolet
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

guslcp

Hi Lanny,

Thanks for the good words.  I'm glad you like the cleaner.  I ran through the first lot of 500 and am now working on the second...!!!  Seems folks are liking not having to put a lot of "elbow grease" into keeping their track clean.

Gus
LC&P.

r.cprmier

Gus!!  Happy Cinco Di Mayo, Dude!!!

I didn't know you had a track-cleaning product on the market.  What is it, and how does it work?  I have been using an impregnated piece of hard rubber that has worked pretty good, but will always look at something new and possibly better.  Success is...

Have a great evening;
RIch
Rich

hotrainlover

Gus,
Could you caotact me at my email addy?  I would like to find out about this product...
Thanks,
hotrainlover

jsmvmd

Dear Gus,

Ditto for me. Would like to deal with you directly, if possible.

Best, Jack

Stephen Warrington

;) Well based on Lannys good words I just ordered one off of Evil bay so I will see how well it works, got to be better than the old IHC track cleaning caboose that the track cleaning solution softened the paint on the car. It will soon be scrapped.

Stephen

guslcp

Hi Rich and everyone...

Yes, I've been selling this cleaner for about a year and a half, and have sold literally hundreds as of this date, and hope to sell more !!.  It seems the modelling community is tired of putting a load of elbow grease into cleaning track and have found a good solution to this problem with my TRACK GUARD.  It is currently listed on eBay (current offer ends Saturday PM).  Take a look.  Thanks to all who've purchased this item..!!

Gus (LC&P).

If you do visit, search for HO TRACK GUARD.

lanny

Quote from: Stephen Warrington on May 07, 2007, 10:31:11 PM
;) Well based on Lannys good words I just ordered one off of Evil bay so I will see how well it works, got to be better than the old IHC track cleaning caboose that the track cleaning solution softened the paint on the car. It will soon be scrapped.

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

I know there are lots of good track cleaners out there ... most are pretty expensive. I really do think you will like this one and it sure beats the price of some of the 'self-propelled' track cleaners available.

Let us know what you think, once you get one and get it running on your layout.

lanny nicolet
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

Bojangle

I want to know more about the track cleaner, but won't deal with ebay.  Gus, have you considered getting it on Tower Hobbies? , I buy a lot from them.  Or let me know the details, I'll send you a money order if you want.
Bo