News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum DD40AX Number Boards

Started by chuff_n_puff, May 01, 2007, 03:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuff_n_puff

I am in need of a pair of number boards for a Spectrum DD40AX. The original owner lost them! I am in the middle of a DC/DCC conversion and started the cosmetics and found the number boards missing. Any body out there got a junker they can rob. I'll be glad to pay for them. I also need a complete set of handrails for a DD40 Athearn. No luck finding either, online yet. Sounds like I got the DD40 blues, don't it?

Stephen D. Richards

I'm in the same boat.  Need railing, can't find it.  Athearn says they don't have.  Bachmann says they don't have!  If I find any I'll give you the head up.    Stephen

chuff_n_puff

Stephen, I'll keep searching and hollow at you if I find anything. Thanks for reply.

r0bert

make them from thin white styrene sheet stock, Microscale number board  decals have clear numbers on a black background, so when applied over white stock, the numbers will be visible, and the thin styrene will still light up from the bulb behind them.

Stephen D. Richards

Quote from: chuff_n_puff on May 01, 2007, 08:07:56 PM
Stephen, I'll keep searching and hollow at you if I find anything. Thanks for reply.

Thanks!  Same here.  Stephen

Stephen D. Richards

Quote from: r0bert on May 02, 2007, 03:02:34 AM
make them from thin white styrene sheet stock, Microscale number board  decals have clear numbers on a black background, so when applied over white stock, the numbers will be visible, and the thin styrene will still light up from the bulb behind them.

Excellent idea!  I will give it a try too.  Thanks,  Stephen

Nigel

Quote from: chuff_n_puff link=topic=1231.msg10724#msg10724 date=1178049581
.....I also need a complete set of handrails for a DD40 Athearn. .....
/quote]
Smokey Valley Handrail Stanchions - you'll need several EMD sets to get enough for the DD40AX
http://www.walthers.com/exec/search?manu=676&split=300
then bend your own rails.
Nigel
N&W 1950 - 1955