Is Bachmann going to be at the train show in Long Beach CA. ?

Started by NarrowMinded, January 24, 2010, 07:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NarrowMinded

Is Bachmann going to have a booth at the February train show in Long Beach Ca. ?

NM

the Bach-man

Dear NM,
We are, and I'll be there. Stop by and say Hi!
the Bach-man

BradKT

I live in Los Angeles and would like to go.  Where are they going to be and when?

I hope I'm not too late...

NarrowMinded

Nope it's not too late.

• Long Beach, CA • February 13 & 14, 2010 - Long Beach Convention Center, Long Beach, California

NM

BradKT

I went today and had a great time!  Lots of exhibits, RR clubs and vendors.  You have to pick and choose, of course, but I was able to find some very good deals on a few new Atlas RTR freight cars and was able to get a variety of logo patches for the railroads that I run on my layout (Santa Fe, BNSF, D&RGW, UP and SP).

Most of the really detailed layouts were N scale, but I did pick up a few good ideas for making (instead of buying) my layout background if that is the way I want to go.

I recommend that if this exhibit comes to a city or town near you...go!  You won't be disappointed.  It's called the World's Greatest Hobby on Tour.  For anyone in the Los Angeles Area, it's here today and tomorrow (Sunday).

mf5117

Are there going to be any shows in houston or dallas texas in the future . I sure would like to go to a show , never been . A small show was in texas city outside galveston ,but found out a day before the show but had to work . How can I find out if and when there might be a show close by . Might just have to fly to one sometime or take a train . Or how can I find out where the up coming shows are . peace 5117 

ABC

You can start by searching on the internet.
After some research, the World's Greatest Hobby show already visited Houston, Texas, San Antonio, Texas and Fort Worth, Texas within the past year or so.
Here's the bad news:
QuoteWhen will the Tour return to my city?
Be sure to visit the Tour when it comes to a location near you - it is generally 8 to 10 years before the Tour returns to a market.

It appears you have missed the Greater Houston Train Show at the Stafford Centre in Stafford, TX. It was hosted by the San Jacinto Model Railroad Club.
You also missed the Dallas Area Train Show, held on January 16-17, 2010 at the Plano Center in Plano, TX.

NarrowMinded

You can also click on the highlighted parts of the calender to the left of where you are looking right now.

try doing an internet search for train shows that's how I found it originally before Bachmann posted to their calender

NM

BradKT

Denver, Colorado is the next show (February 20-21, 2010).  I didn't find any advance schedule other than that.  You can contact them and probably get more information.  The website is titled 'The World's Greatest Hobby on Tour."

There's a lot of stuff like toys for kids (there are ton of little kids there with their parents); vendors selling T-shirts, hats, patches, etc., (the big one is Daylight Sales and they have a great internet site); booths for the major sponsors like Athearn, Bachmann, Atlas and Lionel; layout and information booths by local RR clubs; and local and regional vedors selling cars, engines, track, buildings, tools, etc.  Some of the exhibitors like Woodland Scenics have "how-to" demonstrations. 

You can talk to a lot of people there and get some good information.  The  people there are there to promote the hobby (as well as sell stuff to you)  and they were very nice and helpful.  They have stuff in all scales and a number of vendors have stuff that is significantly discounted.  Again, you just have to look around and pick and choose.  There is a lot to see and if you find something that you want, you'd better buy it then or it may be gone within the hour.

At the Long Beach, CA show, admission was $10.00 for adults and free admission for kids.  I went at about 12:30pm on Saturday and there were hundreds (if not thousands) of people there.  I was there for about 5 hours-plus.  Even if you just walk through the place, you'll spend at least a couple of hours there.  The exhibit area was 100,000 square feet-plus.  It's the kind of show where you could spend all day there and it would be a day well spent.