News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

N Scale DD40AX Diesel locos

Started by highridge, February 16, 2010, 12:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

highridge

Have recently purchsed four of these powerful, smooth running locos, BUT, I cannot use them!! The Factory supplied, alternative Arnold Rapido style couplers are at the wrong height and will not couple with any other rolling stock. there is no way to adjust them, and they are apparently a one off custom mounting, so nothing else will fit.
WHAT CAN I DO.
Have sent several messages to Bachmann Customer Service, who have failed to resolve the matter.
Has anybody any advice who I can contact to get matter remedied.
Mick from Australia.

ABC

Try converting one of your cars to MT style knuckle couplers and put the MT coupler back on the loco and see if they line up then. If not, then I am curious as to who makes your rolling stock. As a side note, I have relatives in Brisbane, where are you from mate?

highridge

Have lots brands of N Scale rolling stock, Kato, Atlas, Lifelike, Bachmann, Con Cor, Rivarossi, Graham Farrish, collection now has 150 locos 380 rolling stock, BUT nothing will couple with the current Bachmann DD40AX, even their own items.
I have standardised on Arnold Rapido couplers.
DD40AX comes with dummy knuckle couplers and has alternative Arnold-Rapido style that are interchangeable in the coupler housings, BUT the coupler housings are unique to the DD40AX, nothing else will fit. Has normal N scale spring but coupler shaft is pivotted on a tiny pin at midway. Shaft is off set downwards (like Kadee can be obtained in different heights) But the Bachmann supplied couplers are about 2 mm too high. No way to adjust them. Not really feasible to have idler cars behind each loco for freight or passenger.
Hail from near Geelong, Vic.