News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

automated running ?

Started by tattooguy67, May 02, 2007, 10:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tattooguy67

hey all hope everyone is well today! I have a ? about aotomated running, this is what i want to do, i am building a layout now that will have a short section of stand alone track that runs from our pickle factory to the docks and our pickle princess( the boat that hauls pickles of course!) i will be using my B-mann MDT switcher, plus others probably, i run DC only and what i  want it to do is run down to the docks and stop and sit there for awhile ( like to be able to adjust that time ) and then run back to the factory and sit there, then run back to the docks ect. ect. and i want it all to do this aotomatically, is this doable and if so any ideas on how it can be done, any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.

Nathan

There are several companies that make 'auto reverse timed running' items.  Both Bachmann and Aristo-Craft have them as will as others.

Nathan

tattooguy67

Hey thanks for the info there nathan, any more info would be cool, like price or catalog #'s you could give me would help, and i have the 2007 bachmann cat and dont seem to find it in there, the only thing they have that is close is their trolly set ups and they only seem to have those in HO scale and also the stop times are very short, like 5-15 seconds if i remember right, i am looking for more like 5 min. to however long i want it kind of thing, any help would be nice, thanks.

Nathan

Try the Aristo-Craft Web Site, Part # 11091 Auto Reversing Unit, No Track.

Nathan

Frisco

Walthers N Scale catlog has one in the track Pages . :)

r0bert

look up circkitron AR-2 on the walthers website.
operates with photocels on DC and has a delay timer ranging from
0-1 minute, complete kit less wire for around $40 street
http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/800-5401