Installing Sierra Sound in Aristocraft u25b

Started by Dave, April 12, 2007, 05:55:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Good evening Gentlemen and any Ladies that may be present.
   I have just gutted out my Aristocraft U24B with the intention of installing a Sierra Sound System and have discovered a heap of circuit boards relating to DCC and whatever else its designed to operate. Iwant to keep the installation simple so do I need all those bits and pieces or can I remove them without impeding the performance of the Loco.
               Cheers
                 Dave in NZ

Steve Stockham

Cheers Dave,
  It would probably be more appropriate to post this on one of the largescale forums seeing as how you are concerned about a Sierra sound installation. Also, since you are putting it in an Aristocraft product it would be more appropriate to post this on their manufacturer's forum (they are a competitor to Bachmann after all!)

Matthew (OV)

Yeah, but Steve, he can't post on Aristocraft because he's going to mention Sierra .... and Lewis makes a sound system now, so he'll get shut down in four seconds flat.  Were it a Bachmann locomotive, we'd do it here no problem, as Bachmann doesn't seem to mind how you enhance their locomotives (well ... for the moment....) ....

Since he's got a U25B, though, I'll try to get hold of him off line and help him .... depending on what control system he's using it should be pretty straightforward.

Matthew(OV)

Steve Stockham

Hmmm......good point! ;) Hopefully, you can help him out! (Don't forget to steer him over to MLS, LSC and LSOL! ;D)

the Bach-man

Dear All,
For the record, I have three Aristo U-Boats...
; )
the Bach-man

Dave

Thankyou for your replies gentlemen. Just for the record, besides my Aristocraft Loco, I have two 10 Wheelers,A Climax, a 2-4-2T, a 44 Tonner and a fair stable of rolling stock,All Bachmann of course. Besides my Modelling interests I also drive a small Diesel Loco hauling tourists on the Waihi to Waikino restored Railway here in New Zealand.I think they call it 12inches : 1ft scale.

Many Thanks
             Dave Cole

Matthew (OV)

Dave,

Sounds good ... tell you what, you can run my trains if I can run yours....  ;D

1:1 scale is my particular favorite, particularly being a .8:1 sized fellow....

Sent you an e-mail too...

Matthew (OV)

Sam Clavis

and here I was thinking I was the only person from NZ.
Im from New Zealand
Modelling Early Period BR in OO scale.
Sam

Dave

Gidday Sam,
                Where in Aotearoa do u do your thing? I'm at Waihi [Waikino]. I dont modell any particular era but I do have a bent towards Logging and mining 1930-1950

Cheers

Dave Cole

Sam Clavis

Im from New Zealand
Modelling Early Period BR in OO scale.
Sam