News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Layout

Started by ThomasFan247, February 18, 2010, 04:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThomasFan247

Hey guys, I am going to be redoing my layout because I am not satisfied with my recent track plan. The layout dimensions are 5x10. Here is a look ;)

Tell me what you guys think ;)

Ropley101

Early in the morning,
Down at the station,
All the little engines
Standing in a row.
Along comes the driver,
Pulls the little lever
Puff, puff! Chuff, chuff!
Off we go!

alex wittman

very nice, nice track plan, nice design, what kind of track are you planning to use, bachmann or atlas?

ThomasFan247

Quote from: alex wittman on February 18, 2010, 06:12:22 PM
very nice, nice track plan, nice design, what kind of track are you planning to use, bachmann or atlas?
Bachmann. I wanted to use atlas, but I can't afford all the track needed (my parents can, but they won't buy it for me :P) I have most of the Bachmann track already so I'm just gonna buy the track needed ;)

The Chaz Storm

Well I usually can't offer pointers unless the layout gets started, so all I can say is good luck with the new layout. :)

TobyTheTram16

JD417

looks great!  ;D
one ques. is the Round house bachmann tidmouth sheds?  ???

thomasj219

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

JD417

Quote from: thomasj219 on March 04, 2010, 04:45:02 PM
No its not out yet.

well i didnt know if this was a plan or not

shining time

good work also when tidmouth sheds comes out you should uses it just as a thought though
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

thomasj219

oh yeah well probably  ;)
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

ThomasFan247

Once I get Tidmouth Sheds that will replace the 6 stall atlas shed I have (I will also be getting 2 extra stalls ;)). I finished the layout weeks ago but forgot about posting pics. I'll hafta wait till I come home from South Carolina :\

Anthony P2

what program did you use to make that visual?

ThomasFan247

Quote from: Anthony P2 on March 05, 2010, 04:14:59 PM
what program did you use to make that visual?
atlas rts  ;)

DrNickRiviera995

I'm sorry for a dumb question, but I'm new here, and pretty much brand new to HO trains.  I just bought a few of the Thomas sets to make a train table for my son and really like the layout shown above.  Looks like it would fit nicely in the space I have.  But, could I ask what specific type of switch tracks are used for the turn outs and the movement from track 1 to track 2?  Also what radius are the curves?

Appreciate the help,

Chad