News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Layout

Started by ThomasFan247, February 18, 2010, 04:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SodorAdventures

Quote from: PerfectPercy311 on April 21, 2010, 04:39:13 PM
It doesn't add much realism. It only raises the track a bit. If you lay ballast correctly, you can eliminate that need of more money.

To me, it adds lots of realism, and  its not much of an expense either, so track bed also is sound deadening, and allows for better traction on the rails ;)
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

PerfectPercy

I don't understand how it can add traction when there is no contact with the actual rails. When it adds up it can get on the steeper side when you have many things to consider on a layout.

Dr. Nick (love the name): Looking forward to the layout. Good luck.

Cheers

ThomasFan247

All right, lots to update.

I've been with my friend Todd and we're planning on building a layout over the next few years. We don't know when we'll start but so far we have a track plan.

I have all the buildings besides Knapford and Tidmouth. The minimum curve is 18 in. Radius; Maximum curve is 24 in. Radius. Its about 17 ft. by 17 ft (16.67 ft. to be precise). I don't know where it will go but i hope it'll go somewhere  ::)

DrNickRiviera995

Very cool, I hope your able to bring it all together!  :)

PasqualeCS96

Wow. That is Awsome!!!  :o ;D ;D The red areas of track and the ones that follow, is that a seperate line or does it connect somehow?

alex wittman

well, I love the design too. but the red track going across that curve might be tricky, are you and your friend Todd going to build an Pier set going up and over them or just custom build a crossing for that? other than that it looks like a great track plan

Anthony P2

that looks like it will be a nice layout!  ;D  do you plan to convert your engines to DCC. o btw before i forget HAPPY NATIONAL TRAIN DAY TO ALL!

alex wittman

OMG I almost forgot, crap, I got to run my trains all night to make up for the day!!!!! JK no I ran them all day during filming of the "Pilot Episode" for my series.

PerfectPercy

Seems awkward the way the 2 sets of lines connect. I also don't see where Knapford will go. As for the size, if it is 17 by 17 (about) Tidmouth and the docks are far too big if this is in HO. With a 17 by 17, you could fit from Tidmouth to Crosby easily, maybe even Wellsworth and the Docks if you don't do absolutely everything in between. Looks alright though. Good luck with it.

PerfectPercy