News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

On30 4-6-0 with sound

Started by RGS Goose, February 20, 2010, 12:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RGS Goose

Can the Bach Man tell me when the On30 4-6-0's, with sound, are due to be delivered?
RGS Goose.

the Bach-man

Dear Goose,
When I have an update I'll post it here.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

James Thomas

The small catalog I received with my 2-6-6-2 from Micro-Mark this week shows the 4-6-0 w/sound ready to order.  It doesn't say pre-order or reserve or coming soon.  Is this loco ready now?

Thanks,
JRT

C.S.R.R. Manager

You might watch for the Favorite Spot's Ebay listings.  Usually, they will list their Bachmann items as soon as they arrive, and they don't have the 4-6-0 sound version listed as of today, 6 April.

Manager

Bucksco

Production samples have arrived in Philadelphia which means they are on the way. I would estimate a couple of weeks.

Tomcat

heeyy, sounds great folks!!!
Cheers, Tom ;)

James Thomas

Thanks for the reply.  I look forward to getting one.
-JRT

Dusten Barefoot

I have a question about the sound it'self. From what I hear, the whistle is #12's but was recorded when the locomotive damaged it's whistle. The locomotive as backing into the shed at Tweetise, and the opening was too small, and knocked off the whistle. So it sounded a lot deeper than what she does today. Thankfully the shop repaired the whistle to where it sounds as good as it did on the ET&WNC.

Rock On!
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

d. calloway

Dustin, That is my question too.I live thirty mins. from the park, and the whistle sound s MUCH  better than it did. The sound traxx decoder I added has the old "broken" sound,so I hope they have fixed this problem.That high pitch was famous around these hills!!! Thankfully, it still is.

Royce Wilson

Dustin, while we are discussing the ET&WNC 4-6-0, can you tell me if this engine had the russian iron boiler jacket on any of the ten wheelers besides the green version?

Royce Wilson

Dusten Barefoot

Nope, none of the ET&WNC engines had russian iron boilers, but #7 on the other hand is kinda hard to tell. I have a book with the builders photo of her, and her boiler is very light in color. Im not sure, if it was painted for the photo, or if it was russian iron.  Latter on in it's career it had a dark boiler. Now that I think of it, some one has a wheel barrow made of a boiler peice from on of the engines. Im not sure if it's #6 or 7. Oh well, I hope it helps.

Rock On!
Dusten
www.tweetsierailroad.com
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

d. calloway

Johnny Greybeal in his books on the et&wnc said that all of the ten wheelers had an unpainted russian iron boiler jacket, but he also says that the domes were black when the engines were green and some of the historical members I have spoken with say they were green when the engines were green.Hmmm I think they were green to. even in the color films that exist, the green paint was very dark!!  One trip through the mountains,and every thing behind the stack would be dirty. ????? once again, this seems to be a hot topic in the ET&WNC groups. Does anyone else have any input??? D Calloway

Dusten Barefoot

I have talked to Johnny about the boiler color, and his book on the Ten Wheelers, it was said none of the boiler were russain iron. They were American Iron, this was cheeper, and darker in color, and it was the color of the a gun barrle. I am with you on the color of the boilers, a dark green or so, but I also have an idea of how the domes looked. I believe the domes were green, with a gold striping around the middle indentions, and a fully black center of the dome, with gold number. If you ask me, thats a lot "purrtyer." I've notice in the old black n white photos, the color differences. The middle of the domes were a lot more darkers and shinnyer, with a lighter color for the head and base. Really pretty if you ask me.

Rock On!
Dusten
www.tweetsierailroad.com
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

d. calloway

Dustin, I wish I could have talked to some of the old heads about this, because this is a big issue when someone is modeling the green era!! Only the color films exist of thes and even the tenders look black even when we "know" they are green. You can make out the gold strips though. Barely. I have looked at ALOT of pictures, and when they were freshly painted they had a lighter tint to the domes. On the new book by John Waite, the green was simulated on the cover and it "looks" right. Will we ever Know??? ??? ???   Dwayne Calloway

Royce Wilson

Dusten, I have Gazettes dating back to the first issue and I remember a article where a fellow rode the ET&WNC before it was abandoned and he commented on the clean shiny boiler of the engine and the fact that he found a small rust spot and it seemed to embarass the crew...very clean engines..I will dig out all my Gazettes and let you know. ;D

Royce Wilson