How do you shut off your E-Mail?

Started by CNWman, February 05, 2007, 05:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNWman

I don't want anyone to E-Mail me, and your help page says that you can make it not visible, but HOW exactly is what I want to know and it doesn't tell you exactly so I can't find it.

Dr EMD

I clicked the cursor under your name and your profile came up. You are NOT visiable.
Electro-Motive Historical Research
(Never employed by EMD at any time)

CNWman

Quote from: Dr EMD on February 05, 2007, 05:49:29 PM
I clicked the cursor under your name and your profile came up. You are NOT visiable.

Ok ty, thought that because I saw it, EVERYBODY saw it. ty again

Dr EMD

Electro-Motive Historical Research
(Never employed by EMD at any time)

Hoople

I think there's just a checkbox somewhere on the profile page.
-Hoople-

Modeling UP, SP, and D&RGW in colorado between 1930 and 1960.

GIVE US HARRIMAN STEAMERS BACHMANN!

Matthew (OV)

I haven't been able to find a checkbox for this, although some folks do have theirs shut down....

But ... I can see yours, CNWman ... all of it..... so you're not there yet.

A definitive instruction on this would be helpful.

Matthew (OV)

Jim Banner

Hoople, do you think you could find that check box for us and let us know how to get to it?  I think we have all guessed that there is one, but we don't know how to find it.  Telling us how to get to it would be a really useful answer.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Rich R

From what I’ve learned it seems that if you are logged in people can read your email address. Log out and they cannot. If you checked stay logged in on the opening login screen then I suspect that your email will be visible all the time.
But I’ve certainly been wrong before.
Don't know that you can hide your email addres totally however. Be nice to find out though.

Cheers,
Rich R

Colorado

Once you are set up you can go and change it to something meaningless.

Bojangle

In my profile I checked the box "hide my email",but it still shows up, in fact, so does everyone else's.   Can I use a dummy addy in profile, Mr Bachmann????

r0bert

bo,
it shows as hidden now
box is under account settings in profile section

Quique

Hi,
Open your profile and go to "modify profile" and open Account Related Settings, there you will see the "hide email address from public", place the check mark in the box and your done.
Quique

Bojangle

Thanks Robert
It's too bad we have to hide everything, but there are so many predators  on the web.  As long as I keep that box checked, guess it's ok now.
Bo

r0bert

you can also get a hotmail/yahoo/insert domain here email address, and use it only for forum/public purposes, the same goes for work/business address vs personal one from your isp.