News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Large scale question and ideas

Started by Ropley101, February 18, 2010, 07:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ropley101

Dear Mr Bach-Man,
I have just build a new large scale railway in my garden, I have a question and I'm hoping you can take the time to answer it.  :)

Is the track water-proof?

Also, I have an idea for the next Thomas LS loco after James: How about Gordon, an express coach, and an express brake coach?
Or maybe Toby, Henrietta, and a brake van?

Kind regards,
Aria (Ropley101)
Early in the morning,
Down at the station,
All the little engines
Standing in a row.
Along comes the driver,
Pulls the little lever
Puff, puff! Chuff, chuff!
Off we go!

ThomasFan247

Quote from: Ropley101 on February 18, 2010, 07:58:30 AM
Dear Mr Bach-Man,
I have just build a new large scale railway in my garden, I have a question and I'm hoping you can take the time to answer it.  :)

Is the track water-proof?

Also, I have an idea for the next Thomas LS loco after James: How about Gordon, an express coach, and an express brake coach?
Or maybe Toby, Henrietta, and a brake van?

Kind regards,
Aria (Ropley101)
Bachmann LS track is NOT waterproof. Gordon sounds good, and I can see him next year ;)

vic

The track from Bachmann is stamped steel and is intended for indoor use only, it will rust to nothing outdoors very fast. For outdoor use you will need brass track minimum, stainless steel if you have a trust fund.

LGB, Piko, Aristo, USA, Llagas Creek, Sunset and I'm sure I'm missing a few others all make brass code 332 track thats combinable, Llagas and Sunset also make code 225 track and track in aluminum for RC/battery operation.

Another vote for a brake van, Jack are you listening? ;)

the Bach-man

Dear Aria,
I use Aristo-Craft track on my outdoor railway.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Ropley101

Ok Bach-man  :)
Thats good, because Aristo-Craft is what I am using  ;D
Early in the morning,
Down at the station,
All the little engines
Standing in a row.
Along comes the driver,
Pulls the little lever
Puff, puff! Chuff, chuff!
Off we go!

The Chaz Storm

I was expecting a brake van to come out this year. :P  I guess there is always next year.

benvig

I think Bachmann souled  make: Bill, Ben, James, Gordon, Henry, Edward, Toby, Emily, Spencer, Mavis, Salty, mail cars, Spencer's special coach, Emily's
coach, Emily's brake coach, express coaches and all the other stuff you make for ho scale.

The Chaz Storm

Okay the Large Scale range isn't going to make ALL of those. :P

benvig

If they make them in ho why not make them in G.

jettrainfan

Quote from: benvig on February 20, 2010, 06:01:16 PM
If they make them in ho why not make them in G.

For a couple of reasons.

Costs, popularity and overall selling. G scale is not cheap. Its large because you could put it outside. A decent starter cost $100. cars cost $30. I don't think the average person can afford that. Ho scale is about $30 an engine and $8 a car, much cheaper and children could afford them. Leading to another problem, if bachmann can't sell the models, then whats the whole point? If people cant afford,they won't buy. So in the end, i seriously doubt they will go any farther than the classics, in my opinion, anything can happen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account