Started by ali, February 21, 2010, 11:14:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ali

hi every one

I am new in the model railroading.
i bought 3 bachmann train set .
Bachmann HO 00615 Golden Spike Starter Set
Bachmann HO 00657 Rail King Set
i was wondering how can i make them to run on dcc?

sorry: :(
but the train set are dc, and not dcc!!!!
can i do it?
thank you so much.

full maxx

are they ddc on board or dcc ready , if not you will have to hard wire decoders in the engines/tenders and get a ddc contrioler
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

ABC

It is possible to wire those 2 locomotives for DCC, but you will have to hardwire decoders inside each of them and also buy a DCC system like the Bachmann Dynamis, Bachmann E-Z Command, Digitrax Zephyr, Prodigy Advanced 2, etc... First you have to ensure the motor is isolated from all other contact (via metal). You will need a soldering iron also to solder the wires in place to the contact points, you will also need a decoder on the smaller end because there is not much room in the shell. You may need to do some milling if you choose a larger decoder. However, I would not recommend that you install decoders in these locomotives because it is not worth all the effort it takes to convert them to DCC. The thing is is that these aren't exactly the greatest locomotives and not even the best decoders can change that. Also since you are a novice, you may end up with some "magic" smoke, which means a fried decoder and loco that won't run. To convert those two locos to DCC, it will cost $40 for 2 "bare bones" decoders and at least $100 for the most basic DCC system like the E-Z Command and over $200 for more advanced systems. You will also need to buy soldier and a soldering iron if you don't have them already. What is the third train set you bought? And Good Luck!
fullmaxx: the locos are not DCC equipped or DCC ready.

Nigel

ali;

The easiest, and probably least expensive way is to purchase DCC equipped locomotives, and retire the locomotives in the set.

It is not clear from your post if you already have a DCC system or not - if not, you'll need one of those too.
Nigel
N&W 1950 - 1955