reprogramming locos to orignal addresses

Started by dulovi, March 01, 2010, 01:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dulovi

After running my engines in a consist, I am having trouble reprogramming two of my dcc equipped bachmann diesels to their original addresses.  Also, I tried to assign another loco to a different address without luck.  Never had this problem before. Have done it many times.   I am using bachmann equipped diesels from manufacturer and bachmann e-z command control.  Is there a problem with the e-z command controller?

Jim Banner

A few thoughts -

(1) are you programming on the main or on a separate programming track?  It shouldn't make a difference but ...

(2) did you consist the locomotives using your E-Z Command?  If so, and you are trying to reprogram them on the main, you may be addressing two locomotives at once.

(3) did you consist the locomotives using a different type of command station (at a friend's house or at the club?)  If so, they may be consisted in a way that the E-Z Command cannot unconsist.

(4) are you using the instructions in the manual or on the DVD?  The latter are correct.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

dulovi

1. On the main   2. Used e-z command, one loco at a time    3. no other command station used.    4.  used manual, but will recheck the dvd.   Thanks mucho for your info.   Duane