News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Fort Worth Tx.

Started by RAM, March 03, 2010, 08:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAM

Any one live in Fort Worth.  I am seeking information.  I Want to take the train from OK City get to F W and eat.  I would have a few hours to kill before getting back on the train to Ok City.  They have a free bus in down town, but does it go to the station?  What is the best way to kill a few hours in the afternoon?

mf5117

Been along time . I live near Houston , you have the stock yards ,the ZOO ,and also they have a 5 mile train ride that goes near down town that you board at the ZOO .A very nice botanical gardens . And yes they do have transit "bus service " stay away from Berry st. thats all I will say . But other than that its a nice city with alot of history......

ALCO1

I'm from Fort Worth, and you can easily kill a few hours all within walking distance of the train station. But yes, the free downtown bus does stop there. The station is on the east side of downtown and you can walk to the Fort Worth Water Gardens, Sundance Square, Bass Hall, Rail Market and any number of very good restaurants.  I believe you will find downtown maps at the station. There is also another train station nearby on the south side of downtown - the Fort Worth Texas & Pacific (T&P) Station that you might like to see.  Both the T&P and the Fort Worth Intermodal Transportation Center (where you will arrive) are stops for the Trinity Railway Express which is a commuter train between Fort Worth and Dallas.  A few miles north (not walking distance) is the Fort Worth Stock Yards which is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Texas.  The stockyards is a stop for the Grapevine Vintage Railroad and includes a working turntable.  Plenty more to do in Fort Worth, but with only a few hours to kill, this is already more than you'll be able to take in.  Hope this helps. Have a good trip!

RAM

Thanks for the information.  Ten years or so I took the train to the Fort Worth Stock Yards.  It is a nice train.