News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Repair

Started by tlnibert, February 16, 2010, 12:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlnibert

Mr. B, I mention a friend sending his K-27 tender back to be replaced. They repaired it instead of giving him a new tender. I don't blame him a bit for being mad, he bought it new and they should have replaced it. I think youve lost a customer.
He was really happy with that engine, but I don't see him buying your products again.

PS I just talk to Dan and they sent the tender back broken...

the Bach-man

Dear Tom,
I'd need more info to form an opinion, but my opinion isn't important in any case. Have your friend call the service manager- I'm sure she'll make things right.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

tlnibert

Today Laura talk to Dan and connected him up with Rodney. After their talk, it was decided the Dan's engine didn't have the counterweights. so he's working it out to get Dan a new engine and tender.
Thanks much.
Tom

PS, I guess we need to go on a buying frenzy...

Bucksco

Are you saying the locomotive came without the counterweights?  ???

tlnibert

I'm not sure, Dan had purchased two engines. He wanted a different engine, so he let me have his first one. It said on the box that it had the weights.
Apparently the second engine didn't have them.
I'll find out.
Tom

armorsmith

Tom,

I believe the first run were the lot with the counterweight issue.  Bachmann has a fix for the problem by supplying a new set of counterweights that the customer installs.

I also believe that the successive runs have all had the corrected counterweights installed at the factory, and the shipping box was marked as such (I don't know what the marking was/is). I believe I have a first run K27 as my box has no indication of corrected counterweights, however I have had no issues with the counterweights with somewhere in 50ish hours of running.  I do however try to run at prototype speeds which is to say somewhere around 12-14 volts.  This reduces the stresses on the counterweights and might explain why mine have had no issues.

Happy railroading!!

Bob C.

tlnibert

Dan was told that he would get a ticket for pickup and they would make the final decision.  Dan has at least 30 Bachmann engines, most of which have never been out of the box. He's looking forward to running the K-27. He said he hoped it didn't take a long turn around.
He bought the K-27 with the green boiler, but wanted the one with the doghouse,so he let me have the green one. The one I have has the sticker on the end of the box, but his doesn't.
I'm rebuilding my layout, I'll have around 1500 ft of main line. It would have been more but track took such a jump.
Tom

tlnibert

Mr. Bachmann, UPS pick Dan's engine up, but we haven't heard anything.
I know you must be busy with the York show around the corner. I'll try and find a Connie at the show.
Tom

tlnibert

Bachmann is to ship Dan's engine Monday, so he'll have it next week.
Tom

Dan's new engine arrived alls well.