5 amp power booster connected to ez track

Started by Kris Everett, February 26, 2010, 11:55:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kris Everett

[/color]how do you connect a bachmann 5 amp power booster to bachmanns ez track if you could help me it would be helpful  :)

Jim Banner

Connect the output of your E-Z Command to the DCC input of the booster.  Connect the output of the booster to your tracks.  Apply power to the booster and to the E-Z Command.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Kris Everett

i know that but is there a special way to connect it to the track or just use a power cable that red cable that connected to the track and splice that together or is there one already made for that purpose

ABC

Here's an image of the setup, using a pre-production booster:

Kris Everett

i have a striped bare wire that came with the booster and then i have a standard red power wire that came with my first set can i connect the standard power wire from the booster to the track or use the bare wire and solder that right to the track or get some spade connectors and crimp them on to the bare wire and run with that ???

Jim Banner

Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Kris Everett

well i have a lot of money tied up in this project and i didn't want it to burst in to flames if you know what i mean

Kris Everett

thanks for all the help its up and running and going fine  thank you  ;D :D ;) :)