News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

10th Anniversary 10 Wheeler

Started by bstibitz, February 26, 2010, 08:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bstibitz

I have a 10th Anniversary 10 Wheeler and I'm thinking about installing an Aristo TE Revolution receiver in it.  Can the plug and play connector from Aristo be used or do I have to trace the wires and use their other method to connect the receiver?  Thanks in advance for any help.
Bob

Loco Bill

Yes you can but you must use the "other" method.  You get a "wired adaptor"  in the package which requires soldering, or you can buy a "screw terminal type adaptor".

If your Annie has a rear headlight the installation is very easy Two wires to the motor using the rear light wiring and two wires to the battery  two wires to the rear headlight.  If your track is powered you must isolate the track pickups to the motor.
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products

bstibitz

My Annie has a rear headlight on the tender.  I assume that's the light you're talking about.  Also I assume the battery is the 9v battery in the tender.  So I should find six wires in the tender?  If so then the board would be installed in the tender?

I do use track power.

Loco Bill

When I put a TE Revo in the Annie, I do put it in the tender,  But I discard the 9 volt battery and the Bachmann sound and add aftermarket sound. 

I use a 14.4 Volt Lithium Ion 2600 mah Battery Pack, which I get from All-Battery.com for power.   I first do the work on the locomotive, then the tender.

I have a powerpoint presentation on how to do it, but with a Locolinc receiver.   The same instructions work with most receivers including the TE REVO.  It is not a perfect presentation, buy should give you a good idea as to what is involved.    Send me your email address and I will send it to you.

Bear in mind that there are many ways to do it, and the wayIdo it is my way!
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

bstibitz

Loco Bill

Bob, I am having trouble sending the file because it is too large, but I will get it to you probably tomorrow night in some other way!.
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

bstibitz

OK.  Thanks for all your efforts.

jsmvmd

Dear Bill,

How the heck are ya ?

If not too much trouble, could you send me the PPP, too ?  I am getting ready to put battteries in my Annie with TE.  Thank you !

Best Wishes,

Jack

jsmvmd at aol period com

Loco Bill

Bob, Jack,

Sent you the message, but the server on your end says the message is too large.

"Remote host said: 552 5.2.3 DATA size exceeds maximum permitted"

Can you tell me what the max is you can receive, and I will try to send the pics in several seperate emails tomorrow night. 

Just too frustrated to keep at it tonight!

Bill
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Loco Bill

Bob, Jack,    Decided to try again anyway,  made the files very small.  Hopefully they will be clear enough.
Bill
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway