News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

f3 or f7 n scale

Started by rustycoupler, March 14, 2010, 12:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rustycoupler

has anyone seen a new f3 or f7 in n scale from bachmann in the past few years? I would like to see them make it in a set like the gp 40s one powered and one dummy.

dtpowell

Yes, I have a set of F7's A-B in the South Pacific "Black Widow" paint scheme. They look as good as anything in the market IMO. Mechanically? I haven't run mine enough to comment on durability, but there operation is more than acceptable to me. Maybe someone else can comment here. Both units are powered and I can't say if I've seen any 'N' scale dummy units for a long time. I would recommend using all powered units anyway. My only problem with my F7's are the Rapido couplers. I need a transition car to operate them with my Kato SP passenger set. Now that Bachmann is planning to equip their 'N' scale line with magnetic automatics. I'm looking forward to purchasing additional Bachmann diesels.

ABC

Bachamann has never made dummy F7As or Bs within the past 20 years, and likely hasn't made any ever. But the F7A + B powered sets are readily available at shows and online.

donfrey

Has anyone done any directional or constant lighting of the F-7A units? I recently purchased a new A+B set at a train show.  The headlight didn't work, so I decided to remove the shell and replace the bulb.  What I found was the bulb simply inserted in a slot milled in the two halves of the fame, with the wires folded to make contact with the frame halves.

I have LED lights and fiber optic cable, so I am planning to install those if I can fit them in.  Has anyone done a similar installation.  I'd appreciate the benefit of your experiences. :)

Best regards,
Don