News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

curved terminal rerailer

Started by full maxx, February 28, 2010, 06:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full maxx

I have looked for it but I don't see it...is there a 22" radius terminal rerailer available in Bachmann ez track, I have a section that shows 22v on the volt meter but all the trains slow down going thru it and I would like to add a terminal in the curve...no straight is close enough, after the curve they speed back up...its hardly enough to notice but it will drive me crazy till its better
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

ABC

Nope just 18" radius and 9" straight, but you can just as easily solder your wires directly to the rails.

full maxx

look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

full maxx

not sure you can see but the blue arrows are where there is power attached , the one pointing at the Acela is on the inside rail the others are outside ... the red indicates the problem

Jimbo

Check to see if your loco's wheels are dirty. The rail top contacts the flat area of the wheel tread on straight track but the electrical contact surface rides up closer to the flanges when going thru a curve.  Imagine riding on a bike. Flat tire surface on the sidewalk when you go straight but on turns, you ride on the side of the tire. Also, check the track for corrosion or dirt and clean accordingly. The top surface of the rail is visible and easy to clean, but on curves the upper sides of the rail head make contact with the wheel. The best solutions are usually the easy ones

ABC

Quote from: full maxx on February 28, 2010, 09:10:33 PM
on ez track?
Sure you can, just be careful not to melt the plastic. Or use Atlas terminal joiners and remove the bachmann joiners.

full maxx

have cleaned the track ...not the sides tho, hadn't thought of that .... maybe use the joiners with wire ...scared I'd melt the roadbed

full maxx

ok I found the joiners w/wire attached... is there a problem with the wire being on the side

full maxx

ok I installed the joiners with the wire and there is NO improvement at all and the train slows down when it hits the joiner...track n wheels are clean

ABC

Then the track must not be clean, or there is not a good connection between one of the sections, check your rail joiners.

OldTimer

full maxx,  try running the train the other direction and see if the problem still exists.  It's possible that the loco mechanism prefers going one way to the other.  Also, replace the piece of track.  It's possible that the track gauge on that particular piece is a little tight and that could cause the train to slow down.  Good luck.
Old Timer
Just workin' on the railroad.

full maxx

the only problem with replacing the track is that its 3 pieces of curve and a #5 turnout also the Acela and the diesel are not as bad

NarrowMinded

I think it's the engineer, he's slowing down for curves that sharp.

:P
NM

or check to make sure your wheels are gauged correctly.

full maxx

Christopher

I too have had this problem and found that my engines were having a problem going from a right hand to a left hand back to a right turn in only 27 inches. By installing some straight track between the curves it greatly improved the operation but I could still tell speed falloff when pulling 8 or 9 cars.