Started by trainguy111, March 01, 2010, 07:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R. J. Raleigh

Mr Bach-man...I still want a C16.....
Thank you in advance,
Robert

Ted_Roy

Mr, Bachmann,

I would make a generic interurban based on the normal passenger cars.  Make one roof, and one end, use the bodies as is.  You would have a parlor car (Observation), Combine, Coach, and Freight.  Use the trolley boards from the street cars, and the poles.  The underfloor stuff could even stay the same.  All that would probably be needed is a power brick to fit under the car floor and side frames.  Make the side frames replace-able to give choices. A Standard, a Baldwin, a Brill, and you pretty much cover it.  Not much to actually design, most of the hard parts are already there.

Just my 2 cents...

Ted.
Support your local Railway Museums!

Connecticut Trolley Museum

andyb

I would like to echo Ted's request  :)

Trainguy - there's some pretty esoteric equipment in someof those images

I saw the Wild Goose RR 'loco' and immediately thought Aha! use the t-boiler from an 0n30 shay, power trucks from a Climax, 20 foot flat wagon, cobble up a roof with canvas sides and you'd have something pretty similar....

Nice one!

AndyB

altterrain

Quote from: R. J. Raleigh on March 03, 2010, 09:15:33 PM
Mr Bach-man...I still want a C16.....
Thank you in advance,
Robert

Robert,

They are made in 1:24 scale by Aristo and 1:20 scale by AccuCraft. What is it that you feel you are missing?

-Brian
President of

az2rail

Jumping in here, 1/24 would be to small for those looking to stay with 1:20.3 equipment. And I did not realize that Accucraft made  a C-16. I know they make a C-19 and 21, but my catalog does not show a 16. Besides, one made by Bachmann would be half the price.

Back to the main subject, I would not mind halving a three truck climax.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

on30gn15

Quote from: az2rail on March 08, 2010, 08:20:53 PM... I would not mind halving a three truck climax.

Hmm, a one and a half truck Climax would be an interesting beast.
;) ;D
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest

Gunslinger_Fur

I have to say, I wouldn't mind seeing Bachmann producing a model of this myself! I think it would be interesting and I'm sure all the industria modelers would go for it! ;D

Although Bachmann has made plenty of them, there are a few Main Line motive power locos I'd like to see. I would LOVE to see Bachmann broduce some K-28s, especially one in the Bumble Bee Scheme!  ;D And I admit, I'd like to see some C-16s to.
But there are two 2-8-0s that I seen that i think would make great models. Both of which ran on the White Pass & Yukon.

Iwas always fascinated by the Vouclain Compound cylenders. I'd love to see a model of WP&YR #6. I think she has a nice asthetic look to her with the rounded domes and capped stack.
A.J. Davis, aka "Gunslinger".

samevans

Of limited appeal train guy.  Judging from the lack of comments the 2ft stretch Forney may not have gone down too well so I doubt the 2 footer you propose will do any better.  The others would have, I suspect, limited appeal.  In truth the best sellers are likely  to be Colorado prototypes followed by White Pass or EBT, or loggers of the type we have had already.

If you want a loco like the 2 footer then look for the Indy mogul in the pre-owned ads.  That ia about largeish plantation size.

Sam E

darkdaniel100

That 0-6-0 SADDLE TANK SWITCHER shown on the main page would look pretty cool in 1.20.3!

;)

trainguy111

Quote from: on30gn15 on March 14, 2010, 06:22:13 PM
Quote from: az2rail on March 08, 2010, 08:20:53 PM... I would not mind halving a three truck climax.

Hmm, a one and a half truck Climax would be an interesting beast.
;) ;D

But what about a 4 truck climax?

Gunslinger_Fur

Was there ever a REAL 4 truck Climax!!?! ???
A.J. Davis, aka "Gunslinger".

trainguy111

Ken

Gunslinger/trainguy

Goggle        Price 16 Wheeler   A New Zealand built engine based on the Climax
       drive setup.

Ken Clark
          GWN