News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

for you steam lovers

Started by ryeguyisme, March 05, 2010, 04:46:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryeguyisme

I may be 21 but at the ripe age of four i was obsessed with this film ever since I saw it, it is by far my favorite railway movie of all time. The year it was made? 1932 and you thought newer movies blow you away?!? These guys were severely underrated for their time period:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j1BWGK525A

I have the full movie taped on VHS and there were a ton of great steam scenes, this was the milwaukee road mountain route before they converted over to electric

tac

Great movie - thank you for posting!!!!

I sat and watched it all morning while waiting for FEDUPS to deliver my new train stuf...

Still waitin'.... :(

tac
www.ovgrs.org

Woody Elmore

I've had a VHS recording of "Danger Lights" since it was available in the 1980ies. It is one great railroad movie. Louis Waldheim, the star, was at the end of his career by the time "talkies" came along but he does a great job. He had played the German Sergeant in "All Quiet on the Western Front."

It is an absolute must for Milwaukee road fans.

ryeguyisme

i just love the whistle, its like the steam locomotives scream of life

uncbob

Many thanks

First I ever heard of the movie

pdlethbridge

That tug of war or push of war was awesome. Oiling a bearing st 60mph was pretty cool too.

ryeguyisme

Quote from: pdlethbridge on March 05, 2010, 04:28:21 PM
That tug of war or push of war was awesome. Oiling a bearing st 60mph was pretty cool too.

if you watch the movie, they were doing 100mph

you can watch the movie on myspace:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=47350132

its NOT the full movie theres some scenes cut out

and you dont need to be a myspace member either

pdlethbridge

me too. And something you may have missed, the engine pulling into Chicago had a different trailing truck than the one that was oiled. I thought the engine was supposed to be the same from start to finish on that high speed run.

ryeguyisme

now that i think of it, you're right and plus the scene where the fireman climbs out has to be at least 70+mph because even if its sped up to give it that look keep in mind a locomotive is alot bigger than a car, so when it seems like 40 MPH its actually 70