News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Reversing track (trolleys)

Started by raildoctor65, March 05, 2010, 08:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raildoctor65

Hi,

I notice that Bachmann sells the reversing tracks (trolley operation) separately as well as with the sets.  I have 2 questions:

1. Can you mix 'regular' EZ track with it?   And...

2. Is there any special wiring required?  I do not own a set, but am considering buying the reversing tracks separately, and want to know if an additional connection is needed.  Thanks!

Ralph

ABC

The reversing tracks will not work without the reversing mechanism that comes with the sets contained within the building. If you put regular track in between the reversing mechanism (building) and the end point, then your trolley or loco will not reverse. So to answer your question, "special wiring" is required in the form of a reversing mechanism available from Bachmann in the sets or separately from other manufacturers for about $40 or so. In short, the answer to #1 is NO, the answer to #2 is YES.

Jim Banner

Once you have the basic set (trolley, reversing circuit, and special track) you can extend the track with reversing track that has special wiring built in or you can use regular E-Z Track and add the wiring.  Given a choice, go with the reversing tracks
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

raildoctor65

tomplatten

I have bought extra straight sections of auto reversing track for a window sill layout! You can run regular trains on the track as long as they are short. I run my On30 Gas mechanical and ore cars!