News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Track Question

Started by usmc03, March 08, 2010, 01:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

usmc03

I have done a little reading on the two different tracks.  I have a mix of both as the two sets I bought came with the black track and the shop sells the grey track.  I have ordered the grey track for the rest of my project.  My question is: does it matter if the two are mixed and is there any reason not to?  I have it mixed now and have not had any problems.
Thanks again

Lance

NarrowMinded

I'm asssuming you mean Bachmann Grey or Black roadbed.
The black track is steel alloy, the grey is nickle silver they will work fine together with DC, my kids set up runs and mix and match. The nickle silver "grey" track is easier to clean and maintain in my opinion.

I don't use DCC but from what I have read here you probably should only use the grey for that.

NM

usmc03

Thanks, I don't have DCC yet but am thinking I may get that E-Z command system since the boy will want to run more than run train.  We have picked out a layout and I have the track order now it is a waiting game to get it.

The things we do for our kids.  He is only six and is obsessed with trains.  Oh well it could be worse.

ABC

If you do go the DCC route, be sure to replace your steel track (black) with nickel-silver (grey).

usmc03

Will do, I am a ways away from that yet.  I just plopped down 150 on track to build a layout but it is all grey.

Pacific Northern

I am running DCC and a portion of the layout is the black steel EZ track and I have no problems with it.
Pacific Northern