News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Any new annoucements coming soon?

Started by dtpowell, March 08, 2010, 11:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dtpowell

Hello Bachmann,

Now that the Toy shows are behind us are there any new product announcements on the horizon? Or should we be a little more patient and wait till the NMRA convention this summer?

Thanks, Dave
(Hoping for some new heavy to midsize steam ;-)

in_eden

I'm hoping simply for a 2nd run of Heavy mountains with B&O included in the road options.
It Bachmann were really smart they'd do what they did on the C&O Heavy Mountain and make a PRR M1a before Broadway Limited gets theirs out!
Running another road # in B&O for the 2-8-0 would be great also...

And there is always the Heavy Pacific I'm dying for!

the Bach-man

Dear Dave,
NMRA it is- and it will be worth the wait!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

dtpowell

Thanks Bachmann,

I look forward to it.

I would love to see a B&O mountain too in-edan. I grew up near the B&O. My schools
athethic field was located right on the edge of the Cinti to Chillicothe (Ohio Division). It was a constant parade of Steam in the mid 50's. Both locomotives would be great to see.

Dave

geocan

Several new announcements or ew releases are included in the new catalog.  New 2-8-0's with DCC, New DDA40X's.  New 44-tonners. New runs of the 4-8-4. 

POLSKI

How about the ten wheeler you all talked about a couple of YEARS back?

Polski   :'(

johnTom

I too would vote for the 4-6-0,what about the Russian Decapod the 2-10-0 that Bachmann gave up on. 
I like U.S. HISTORY, railroad history.etc...

Tom

dtpowell

Quote from: geocan on March 14, 2010, 06:56:19 PM
Several new announcements or ew releases are included in the new catalog.  New 2-8-0's with DCC, New DDA40X's.  New 44-tonners. New runs of the 4-8-4. 

I dunno geocan,  while these would certainly be welcome improvements on the existing Bachmann line. :D I'm still hoping for something a completely new like a USRA Pacific, Mikado, and a NYC Hudson.  ;D I mean, how many UP DDA40X's were made? And the Santa Fe 4-8-4? I'lll remain hopeful and wait for summer. The 4-6-0 would be a great new addition too.

Franz T

Quote from: johnTom on March 15, 2010, 12:19:40 PM
I too would vote for the 4-6-0,what about the Russian Decapod the 2-10-0 that Bachmann gave up on. 

I would probably buy about 3-4 of each. In fact, I had them already pre-ordered with Pete at BLW   :(...

ghiii

Quote from: POLSKI on March 15, 2010, 11:14:14 AM
How about the ten wheeler you all talked about a couple of YEARS back?

Polski   :'(

DITTO!

George

Unclepete20

How about a 2-6-6-6. Make sure it pulls like an elephant, add some dcc and we have a winner, you will get a couple of out of me!

Williamson

Bachmann - if you ever re-release the USRA Heavy Mountain (4-8-2) again, please include the correct tender for the "as built" locomotive.

Two roads received USRA Heavy Moutains under USRA - N&W and C&O. Both were delivered with USRA medium tenders. I have builders photos if you need them.

I wanted to buy the N&W Heavy Mountain, but if I'm gonna shell out that kind of coin for a loco it's gotta have the correct tender ... :o

Your USRA Light Mountain has essentially the correct tender for the Heavy Mountain - it even has the right trucks!

The only USRA locos that were built with USRA long tenders were the following:

USRA 2-10-2
USRA 2-6-6-2
USRA 2-8-8-2

Mark

jscola30

Just looked over the new items, I'm really excited about the Royal Blue starter set and the Desire street car!