News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

K4 pacific

Started by Anthony P2, March 08, 2010, 04:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony P2

I got my K4 pacific locomotive for this past Christmas, and i love it!  ;)  I was wondering what type of sound unit do you guys use? Because when i went to your service department in the summer there was a K4 with sound. and what would the best smoke unit for it? thanks.

ABC

For sound go with Tsunami, and I do not advise installing a smoke unit, as it will prove to be a bad a idea, especially since you are running DCC and it makes your track dirty and DCC locos are more sensitive to this.

Anthony P2

ebtbob

I agree,   NO smoke unit.   I also agree with the Tsunami.   The Light Steam should suffice.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Anthony P2

i just looked on their website and they don't have the sound for a K4. i saw others like K27, but i didn't see K4.

richg

Quote from: Anthony P2 on March 12, 2010, 01:38:10 PM
i just looked on their website and they don't have the sound for a K4. i saw others like K27, but i didn't see K4.

SoundTraxx has different steam decoders. Go back and look. Might be light steam or medium steam.
The Tsunami Micro will work just fine though a standard Tsunami might be easier to install. Measure the tender and look at the decoder sizes. I have looked at the diagram. Not a problem.
Take your time and you will gain a lot of experience.
I use the Micro Tsunami light steam in the Spectrum 4-4-0 and 4-6-0.

Rich

Barney R

This is from the Soundtraxx web site-
K4 4-6-2 Pacific TSU-1000 Medium Steam 826102 810054/ 810110

Here is the page-http://www.soundtraxx.com/choose/step3.php?t=ho&s=Bachmann
I knew I saw it once when I had the same question.

Barney

ebtbob

Anthony,

Go with either the light or medium steam Tsunami.   The K27 you saw is a narrow gauge 2-8-2.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Anthony P2

thanks guys. o by the way are these easy to install?

ABC

If you can use a soldering iron well, and are familiar with the wiring it won't be exceptionally difficult. The hardest part will be finding a good set-up for the speaker and baffle.

Clear Block

Not to throw this off topic, For the time being I have 7 Bachmann K4s and All are using the Stock Bachmann Decoders with NMRA 8pin plug.
In Analog and now in DCC, the engine headlight seems to be dull/almost non existent.
Has anyone here ever replaced their stock headlight with a different bulb, perfectible a golden white LED?
4-Prewar
3-Postwar
on a side note; These engines look magnificent with the Con-Cor mP54s