News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Question for Vic

Started by James The Red Engine, March 08, 2010, 08:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James The Red Engine

Hello Vic,
I saw your topic on the smokebox door and such that you added onto Thomas and Percy.  I wanted to ask you a question.

I received my Thomas model today and realized that the model was crosseyed.  Now, me not a fan of a cross eyed Thomas.  I was wondering if your Thomas came that way too?  I also wanted to know if you had a use for it still and if not would I be able to have or possibly buy it off of you to use on my model?

Please respond back whenever you get the chance.  Love the work you did on the Thomas and Percy models BTW.  ;)

-James

Chuck N

James:

My Thomas didn't arrive cross-eyed, but after looking for a polarity switch, I put his face on so that he became cross-eyed.

Gently pull the face off and then carefully align the tabs on the back of the eyes with the two bars coming out of the engine block. Then push the face back on.  This may take a couple of tries, but it will work.  I'm currently in Arizona and my Thomas is in Virginia so I can't post any pictures of the process. 

It can be done, just don't force anything.

Chuck

vic

Hi, my Percy was straight eyed out of the box, as for Thomas I think it was too, but I bartered away his face before I got the unit home  :o

Follow the above advice, all you need to do is realign the eye stalks into the guide sockets, the faceplate does come off very easily by pressing on the sides of the faceplate

James The Red Engine

I actually just need the eyes out of the model.  Not really the whole face. :)

-James

vic

Sorry but I have neither, both Percy and Thomas faces/eyes were bartered away right after I got them

James The Red Engine

Okay.  Thanks anyways. ;)

-James