News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Couplers

Started by usmc03, March 09, 2010, 05:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

usmc03

I have read a little about couplers, now I have a quesiton.  I only have the cheap starter sets so the couplers are the cheezy plastic ones that don't hold very well.  What would be a good recommendation to replace them?  It is a little frustrating to have the train keep coming apart each time it is stopped.

Thanks

ABC

jward

kadee #148, which is a "whisker" version of the #5.  it eliminates the copper centereing spring plate of the #5, and from my experience is much easier to get operating reliably.

are you sure your uncoupling problem is due to slack in the couplers, or the knuckle springs not holding the couplers together? or could your problem be due to the couplers riding over one another due to uneven track? if your problem is the latter, changing couplers won't solve the problem.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

usmc03

Thanks, I am going to take a look at all the possiblities.  I don't think it is from uneven track as I have it set up on a sheet of 4x8 and am using E-Z track.  I think most of it comes from the uneven start/stops my six year old does.  I just joined a local club and will be picking their brains.