New Bachmann 2-6-2 without Proof of Ownership(Warranty Card)

Started by Sunshine Express, March 08, 2010, 06:50:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunshine Express

I have just recieved a new Bachmann 2-6-2 from a dealer,and the box did not contain the warranty card. It did contain the Instruction Shweet and another sheet illustrated with total wording in Chinese.There was a smal Factory Item Packinf Slip. The dealer has opened another 2-6-2 and it does not have a Warranty Card in the box either. The dealer has kindly offered to accept the loco with a full credit,but I am confused. I would like to  keep it and am asking  if Bachmann would accept a copies of my Pay Pal Cash Receipt ,Instruction Sheet,Factory Packing Number Slip,to validate my warranty.
I have bought many Bachmann Locos over the years and have experience using the warranty system with a faulty loco some year ago to  my total satisfaction. Advice needed please. Thank You Owen Robinson
Owen C Robinson

ABC

It is probable that the dealer is not a licensed Bachmann dealer, which means that you are the second owner of the locomotive, which means that you will have to pay a $20 fee to have it serviced. Let me know who you bought the loco from and I can tell you if the dealer is authorized/licensed. It sounds like you may have bought this on ebay, and there are only 2 or 3 dealers that I know of the are authorized/licensed.

Jim Banner

Assuming you bought the locomotive from a Bachmann dealer, it would by up to the company to decide if they would honour the warranty.  Hopefully the Bach-Man will chime in with an answer.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

the Bach-man

Dear Owen,
Give the service department a call. They'll take care of it.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Sunshine Express

Thank you all for your help. I bought  it through EBay,and  put the  case to him that I must have the Warranty Card,he was helpful with good communications,very prompt replies.I told him I was a Forum member for years and said that the risk of getting service without the card made the loco less valuable than the price paid,and he offered me a full credit,which I have recieved following his receipt of the loco back. He said during our dealings that none of the older white boxed locos  had warranty cards.The new blue boxes did.I told him he had a real problem selling Bachmann products without this warranty card. All ended well,no hard words just truthful business diplomacy,my forte from a lifetime in sales. I notice on E Bay he is still selling these locos on But it Now au$77,they are new,but no Warranty Card.Perhaps the public do not care ?. Glad I am a Member,it has been most helpful. Cheers Owen
Owen C Robinson