News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

N Scale Repair Instructions Online

Started by Mark.S+10, March 19, 2011, 12:12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark.S+10

I would like to encourage you to post repair instructions for your locomotives on line.  I just purchase my third 2-8-0 Consolidated.  The other two run great but this one has a slight shake as it runs.  I have gaged the main drive wheels and they are a bit narrow.  I think this is the reason for the shake and I'd like to fix it.  I don't want to send it back to you all due to the long turn times, the last engine I sent took three months to get back.  By the way, I also purchased a heavy mountain - what a great engine I'm going to buy another.
Thanks, Mark.S+10

Mark.S+10

Perhaps you could be so kind as to point a few out for a novice.  I have the Model Railroader book "Maintaining and Repairing your scale model trains" but that is about it.  I have found it useful but wold like more information.  For example I tried to adjust the gage on my Bachmann N Consolidated's tender wheels, but after removing the wheel from the tender twisting did no good and they wouldn't budge.  Examples from knowledgeable people like you could be kept on this web site by engine model for all to read.  An example my be the discussion on the Bachmann 4-6-0, very useful.  Thanks, ignorant but not stupid, Mark

Mark.S+10

For those who wonder what was wrong with my green Consolidated, it was the traction tires.  One was near the flange and the other was near the rim.  "Old Shakey" now runs straight and true.  Mark