News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New N scale coupler pics

Started by Bucksco, March 14, 2010, 11:21:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2-8-8-0

Please start putting these on the front of your locos, and knock it off with the dummys. Engines like the H-4 pushed and pulled, in either direction, and could be found going either way with cars both ahead and behind. Ill pay the extra buck for a real coupler up front. (not to mention doubleheading and pusher service!)

keithwarltier

Could you please let me know which steam engines and diesel engines are available with the new magnetic N scale couplers?

Thanks in advance,
Keith Warltier

keithwarltier

Hello Bach-Man,
Will there be a presentation or clinic for the new couplers at the NMRA 75th Convention?
Regards,
Keith Warltier

ABC

Quote from: keithwarltier on June 14, 2010, 01:04:36 AM
Could you please let me know which steam engines and diesel engines are available with the new magnetic N scale couplers?
I know the 44 tonners have them and the 2-6-6-2's and beyond that I do not know, but I think they are scheduled to be incorporated into all the new Spectrum engines. And they will be available for separate purchase sometime later this year.

dtpowell

I'm facing having to assemble a couple of the MT line couplers for an older Atlas caboose. The one piece contruction sounds very good.
Anyone have an idea when they'll be available at the local hobby shops or on line?

ABC

Quote from: dtpowell on July 09, 2010, 02:34:28 PM
Anyone have an idea when they'll be available at the local hobby shops or on line?
I heard they are expecting October delivery.

NorfolkAndWestern578

Quote from: keithwarltier on June 14, 2010, 01:04:36 AM

I received a replacement Class J 4-8-4 and AUX tender little over a week ago, and they both came with the new couplers. I think that Bachmann may be putting them on all new locomotives being released or shipped.

keithwarltier

Could someone please describe their experience with the new magnetic knuckle couplers?  How is the shunting with delayed uncoupling?

Michanglais

Does anybody know if these couplers are backwards convertible with the HHP-8 electric? I've converted a bunch of Amfleets, but would like a loco to haul them without having to leave a rapido on any of the coaches and one end of a loco...

Cheers,
Michael

stevep100

Hi all,
just bought a Spectrum Burlington Northern GE EMD SD-45 and wondered if these new couplers could be fitted to it without to much trouble also will we be able to purchase these in the UK
thanks ;D

keithwarltier

Dear Stevep100,
Please take a look at the 'New auto coupler and Graham Farish' topic.
Cheers,
Keith

inkaneer

I hope Bachmann doesn't make the same mistakes that the McHenry people made.  They were

1.  Offered a coupler with the same shank length as the MT and Accumate
     with no shorter shank
2.  Did not offer a ''T'' shank version
3.  Did not offer a coupler box to mount the coupler.

There are a lot of old freight car trucks out there with "T" shank Rapido couplers.  Everybody had them; Atlas, Bachamnn, Concor, LifeLike, you name a manufacturer and they had them.  These were replaced by modelers with MT trucks and those old trucks went into a drawer or a box somewhere.  Having an automatic coupler with a short "T" shank will make these trucks usable again and a nice market for Bachmann.  Also a short shank version will fit nicely on Steam pilots and between ABBA units to close the coupler gap to more prototypical distances.   

Bkjames46

Will the new couplers fit the Spectrum F7 A&B Santa Fe.  I put the dummy couplers on and the front coupler on the A unit is too short.  I do not want to put the MT couplers on as they are sometimes a pain!

keithwarltier

With the new magnetic N scale couplers now available on some engines and rolling stock, could someone please comment on their experience?

Keith Warltier

Ken G Price

These look like the McHenery couplers that are coming on Athearn cars and engines. They should there fore be compatible with Accumates and MicroTrain couplers. 

This is good for the Bachmann cars as I have been switching the couplers to MicroTrains or putting on Accumate trucks with couplers.  When future cars come with these I will then buy the rest of the Bachmann cars I need.
Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/