News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

photos and video's

Started by mf5117, March 14, 2010, 02:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mf5117

can someone please explain how to upload or post video's and pictures . I don't think i'm that dyslexic  , but can't seem to get it . my gf has done a great job with sq ft scenery that we are going to cut in .and I'd like to post some things also I have done with EZ TRACK layout wise ....  for a small space 5x9 ft

ABC

For videos, upload them to youtube then link to them with the little picture of a globe or type "website link goes in here with no spaces" around it. For images you will need to use a site like photobucket or flickr to upload you photos to, then you can either link to your photos using the method above or post them directly by clicking on the image of a picture next to the globe or typing "" and you must copy the image location and not click copy image, but copy image location.

jettrainfan

or for easier way to upload a video, upload it, when it's done, copy or cut the link and paste it on here

Example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuDuzJ13NPU

Thing is that u have to put a space after it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

richg

I use Photo Bucket and You Tube. Realize though, Easy means you have done this a few times. There is a little learning curve. Been there, done that, have the T shirt.
If you delete the item from Photo Bucket or change the photo to another album, the link will disappear in your posting so choose your albums and don't delete the photo from Photo Bucket. The beauty of this is you can go back to your Bachmann posting and Modify the message with a different photo.

Below is something I made up for Photo Bucket that may help you get started.

http://s98.photobucket.com

Below is a photo of a screen shot of what I do. You can see at the lower left, IMG code. Click on the code to highlight it and copy it. Paste that code into your message.  You can do that with vidoes or photos.
I use the direct link when I send the link in an email message to someone.

Remember, choose your albums first or you will eventually amass so many photos and videos you will have trouble finding them.

Rich

Michigan Railfan

So Rich, if you copy the IMG code and paste it into your post, will it bring up the picture in the post, or will it simply just post the link? And is photobucket free, or do you have to pay for it?

ABC

Photobucket is free and if you copy the img code it will insert the photo.

Michigan Railfan

pipefitter

I notice that almost everyone here uses Photobucket. I participate in another (non-train) forum and almost everybody there uses Flickr. I need to use one of these but don't know which to choose. What do posters on this forum use and why?

Thanks!

Robert
Grew up next to B&O's Metropolitan Branch - Silver Spring Maryland

richg

I open a second browser and swap between Photo Bucket and the Bachmann forum or whatever forum I am uisng at the time. Makes it easy to copy and paste.
Sometimes I have as many as four browsers open at a time. It can get confusing then.
The same with You Tube. Both are free.
Photo Bucket will try at times to convince you to Upgrade, i.e. pay. Don't bother.
You can play with this in the Bachmann forum and just delete what you don't like when your use the Modify button. Put back in what looks correct. Sometimes you might mentioned you substituted a better photo.
If you delete a photo in Photo Bucket and it does not show in the forum, again, use the Modify button, delete the photo link and insert the correct photo link. You do not have to delete the text if the text is still OK.
You will gain experience as time goes on. Have fun.
Another thing to think about, some people take photos that are on the dark side so use a Photo program and lighten up the photo if it seems too dark. I have to do that sometimes though I am getting better at learning how to use my digital camera and proper lighting.

Rich

richg

Quote from: pipefitter on March 14, 2010, 07:17:05 PM
I notice that almost everyone here uses Photobucket. I participate in another (non-train) forum and almost everybody there uses Flickr. I need to use one of these but don't know which to choose. What do posters on this forum use and why?

Thanks!

Robert

I have never used Flicker. I am happy with You Tube and Photo Bucket.

Try Flicker. No reason why you cannot use more than one photo editing service.

Just like model railroad forums, I belong to over fifteen and find a lot of useful data. One forum can cramp your style and knowledge for a particular subject.
Many, many people are not aware of the tremendous amount of information even a Google search can provide. I do not like being led by the hand so I do a lot of searching and building up model railroad links.
Modify your Favorites folder for Trains and add different subcategories and build you own library.

Rich

pipefitter

Thanks for the information Rich.

Robert
Grew up next to B&O's Metropolitan Branch - Silver Spring Maryland

mf5117

thanks for the reply's .I saved this thread and the good helpful instructions thanks .did you ever get your chain boomers rich for your project

mf5117

hey i did it thats the starting of my garden railroad .how cool