K-27

Started by tlnibert, March 15, 2010, 10:52:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlnibert

Mr Bachmann, will there be more of the K27's. Old or new road names
Tom

the Bach-man

Dear T,
All the K's are still cataloged, and should be available all year.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

armorsmith

Tom,

As for road names and numbers, there will most likely not be any more numbers, but there will definitely not be any other road names.  The K-27 was manufactured to Denver and Rio Grand specifications and is peculiar to the D&RGW and RGS.

Bob C.

tlnibert

Bob, I have the one with the green boiler, I love it.  We're going to the York train show and then out west to ride the Durango and Silverton and any others we find.
I'm going to buy another K-27 this month.

Thanks
Tom

Kevin Strong

Quote from: armorsmith on March 15, 2010, 11:01:50 PM
... but there will definitely not be any other road names.  The K-27 was manufactured to Denver and Rio Grand specifications and is peculiar to the D&RGW and RGS.

Since when has that stopped a manufacturer from stamping Santa Fe on the tender of anything?  :-\ I'm not suggesting that to be the case with the K, but let's face it--if a manufacturer thinks it'll sell--they've so far been proven likely to try it.

In terms of the prototype Ks, two went to Mexico on the NdeM, one to Knott's Berry Farm, and one is on the Cumbres & Toltec.

Later,

K

armorsmith

Kevin,

I am aware of the two in the states.  Do the two in Mexico still exist??

Touche Kevin, dollars is all that matters to the vendors.  If it sells, do it, regardless of whether it ever existed - 2-6-6-2 Mallet should have clarified that.   ;D ;D

Bob C.

Bucksco

Item No. 83098 - Painted Unlettered - Black with Green Boiler
Item No. 83099 - Painted Unlettered - Black

Jon D. Miller

What about #464 on the Huckleberry Railroad, Flint, MI?

I thought #2, a 10-Wheeler and #464 were their primary locomotives.

One of the "Enthusiastic Children"

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

tlnibert

The K's are really great engines and I hope to buy more. I have one due today, I'm sending it to a friend house. No, I'm not hen-pecked, I just follow directions extremely well.  I'm not a rivit counter, I wouldn't care if it had Walt Disney and Sana Fe on it.
Hope to see all of you at York.

Tom

Kevin Strong

Quote from: Jon D. Miller on March 16, 2010, 05:13:16 PM
What about #464 on the Huckleberry Railroad, Flint, MI?

#464 went first to Knott's, then was sold to the Huckleberry RR.

The NdeM Ks were standard gauged, and scrapped in the 1960s.

Later,

K

the Bach-man

Dear All,
Item No 83094, Rio Grande 464, is out of stock. I'm not sure when they'll be back in. All others are in stock.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

NarrowMinded

I loved riding the K27 at Knotts but it had too many problems with some of the curves, thats why they sold it.  an Engineer told me that when I asked where it went.

NM

tlnibert

Hey Kevin, are you going to make it to York?

Tom

Kevin Strong

Alas, no. The 1800 mile commute would offset any bargains. ;)

Later,

K

tlnibert

Kevin, I picked up my 3 K-27 I love that engine.
Tom