Older SD45 directional control wiring.

Started by sw1500, March 17, 2010, 07:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sw1500

Hey everyone,  Just joined up today.  Finally got the trains back out after about 5 years.  Was having sever withdrawl.  My wife says I need a train intervention. WTF>>> 

Anyway, I was servicing my older Erie Lackawanna SD45 and the orange wire from the directional control switch came off the circuit board.  I cannot tell where it was located.  HELP!!! 

The board says 1980. It has a red and black wire from the rectifier, a green and yellow wire to the motors, and a white and orange wires to the switch.  It still runs but won't change direction.  Anyone with a diagram or photo?   thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phillyreading

See if the service department at Bachmann can help you.
I got in touch with the service department at Williams, when it was only Williams, about an older circuit board and how to fix it. Williams told me there are at least four circuit board possibilities, you will need a number or a letter code from the circuit board so the service department can help you.

If you want to try repairing it yourself, try using a magnifying glass to enlarge the veiw of the area and see if you find where the lead came off.

I had problems with an F-7 diesel unit's circuit board and finally took out the circuit board and wired the motors to a 6amp bridge rectifier. The reason was that the engine would always start in reverse after a couple of hours of not getting power to it, I would lock the engine in forward but it always started in reverse after a couple of hours.

Lee F.