News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

russian decapod too slow

Started by ta152h0, March 16, 2010, 05:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ta152h0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZvezRfLZ3M

This is max speed with the LENZ Gold JST decoder installed and programmed. Any way to make the decoder think it can generate more speed ? track voltage shows 13.87 VAC DCC
thanks in advance
W

The DCC System is MRC Prodigy advance 2

ta152h0

Third time programming the address after restoring factory settings turned out to be the solution
thanks
W

full maxx

your draw bar was not hooked in the video
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

full maxx

which dcc system are you using... mine show 21 volts on the rails, I'm using ez command
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

OldTimer

I'm glad you got your 2-10-0 going.  The subject of speed and model railroads is very interesting.  I expect that the vast majority of us run our trains way too fast.  60 feet is very close to an HO mile.  If you adjust your throttle to run your train such that it takes two minutes to cover that 60 feet, your train is going a scale 30 mph--a respectable speed for your decapod.  Try it out.
Old Timer
Just workin' on the railroad.

full maxx

hey old timer , when measuring the 60 feet is that center line of the rails or inside or outside...I'm thinking center

ta152h0

Oldtimer- before I start getting scientific on my trains,I still have three locomotives to repair. A 4-8-4 Northern has a nasty habit of jumping track, a 4-8-2 Hvy Mountai that ate up the electrical pickups at the driving wheelsand a 2-10-2 that needs a complete rewire ( I have finished the reverse engineering electrical diagram which couls spawn and entire thread on the lack of adherence to color coding by diffrerent manufacturers.. After all that, maybe i will start getting scientific  ;D

Pacific Northern

Quote from: full maxx on March 16, 2010, 09:55:45 PM
hey old timer , when measuring the 60 feet is that center line of the rails or inside or outside...I'm thinking center

The difference would be insignificant.
Pacific Northern

ta152h0

If 60mph is 88frrt per second, and ho scale is 1/87, then 12 inches of track is equal to 88 feet of road, then it stands to reason if a model locomotive advances 1 foot in 2 seconds, then scale speed is approximately 30 mph.

Doneldon

Whatsa frrt?  I hope it isn't what it sounds like or I'm gonna need a new hobby.

ta152h0

"frrt" is an old roman math constant that allows my equations to work. Curiously enough, it correlates to the modern unit of measure " feet ".