Mr Bachmann, Why aren't our posts being counted any more?

Started by Stephen Warrington, May 08, 2007, 08:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Warrington

I have noticed over the last few days thatour post numbers are stuck as I was browsing my stats page on my profile. Is this some kinda error or what? I kinda like to use and see them so I know how active I am on various boards.

Thanks

Stephen

hminky

I think you really need to get a life, Stephan ::)

Harold ;D

Stephen Warrington

i Harold,

I once had a life, then it got snuffed out working on a Railroad bridge that collasped and took half my right foot in 2003, anda 6 month recovery time in the hospital, Since then well my life is living month by month on SSI cant get disability even tho I cant work no more and won't go into details not fitting for a model Railroad board.

Since Diabetes has screwed up my sense of balance in whats left of my feet killed the nerves in my hands to the point i have to pay someone to custom decal cars for me my life is on the computer in a comfy chair while all the real healthy 31 year olds I soon will be 32 have real lives. Like my two friends that now work for IC and complain about having to runSD 70's all day...

Pardon any typos sometimes my fingers have trouble on the keyboard those nerves are dead as well.

The life less poster

Stephen

Paul M.

Okayyyyyy...

Stephen,
I've also noticed this. I don't really obsess over it or anything, but sometimes when I re-read my posts I can't but help to notice that I always seem to be stuck on 146 posts, when I think I should have a few more...

Just my two cents

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

Paul M.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

Stephen Warrington

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like an arse,but I get asked that alot. Steve don't you have a real life ect.... And sorry it just hit me the wrong way at the wrong time.

Stephen

jsmvmd

It's OK to vent. Glad you got it off your chest.

Best Wishes, Jack

the Bach-man

Dear All,
I had the post count killed becuse so many people were posting one word questions and responses just to see their number climb. This is also why everyone attains "Member" status with just one post.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Guilford Guy

Is it possible to delete the post counts completely including the ones we already have?
It doesn't seem fair to have members stufck with certain post counts.
It is almost like some are superior to others...
Alex

pdlethbridge

It's true, some are superior, or think they're superior ;D

Stephen Warrington

Thankyou, Mr Bachmann for you taking the time to answer my question. Ihave never believed in one word questions or answers.

Could the post counter be added to our profile pages for the people that use it for real reasons? So only that member can see how many posts that have been made? and not public so all the air heads wont get a big head.

Thankyou again,

Stephen

the Bach-man

Dear Stephen,
I'll look into it, but I have already asked for the counts to be removed, and apparantly it's more difficult than one would think.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Guilford Guy

of course if you could just bump one of us computerish peoples up to administrator status  :P :P :P ;D ;) :D :D :D
Alex

Stephen Warrington

Ahh, Thank you again Mr.Bachmann, for your quick reply, one reason why I stick around and wade through some of the muck we get stuck in at times like Mississippi Gumbo mud. Its thick is slimey and hell on traction even when you got a 45 tonner on rails lol.

I accept what ever the powers that be may choose.

Once again thank you for your time.
Stephen

Woody Elmore

I am perplexed to think that counting posts is an issue for some people.