News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Way OT

Started by richg, March 19, 2010, 02:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richg

This morning while reading the Bachmann forums, my stepson's Maine Coon Cat got very interested in what I was looking at and kept getting up on the desk. I finally let him look closely. He spent at least five minutes looking around the web page.

Rich

Bucksco

Sometimes the "Bach Man" is the next best thing to catnip! ;)

Joe Satnik

Dear Rich,

I disagree that this is "Off Topic".

You are "train"-ing your cat to read the Bachmann "train" board.

Our cat chases the moving mouse pointer on the screen.....(bats the screen with her paw...)

Call up some shots of Chessie the Railroad Kitten, see if your cat is interested..

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Michigan Railfan

This reminds me of my dog watching hockey on TV.  She always chases the puck around the TV.

CNE Runner

Thanks Rich for this thread...it started my day off great! Being a longtime 'cat person' may I warn you that your 'furry friend' may jump on that LCD monitor and cause a CATastrophe!

'Sorry...I just couldn't help myself.

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

RAM

It is my understanding that you can't teach a cat anything.  They just teach you.

richg

Quote from: RAM on March 20, 2010, 11:34:38 AM
It is my understanding that you can't teach a cat anything.  They just teach you.

That is so correct.

He touches my stepson's laptop keyboard and is able to delete my stepson's email he is typing. He has also locked out my stepson's laptop keyboard.
I have to watch all the detail parts I use on my model railroad stuff. Hobbes is a thief.

Rich

OldTimer

Dogs have owners, cats have staff.   ;)
Just workin' on the railroad.

NarrowMinded

Speaking of CATastrophies...  look at that desk! thanks! you helped me prove to my wife that I am not the clutter king... that honor my lord clearly belongs to you... :P

Oh and I taught my childhood cat how to retreive a small ball.
NM

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: NarrowMinded on March 20, 2010, 08:48:42 PM
Oh and I taught my childhood cat how to retreive a small ball.
NM

My guess would be the cat just let you think you taught it. ...

mf5117

Our cat knows it's name ,shakes hands and says mama.and loves watching my trains . And used my new leather recliner for a scratching post..... I here meowing now, but don't know if its the parrot or the cat ....

RAM

There was a movie or tv show that had a cat that did 7 things.  They were asked how they trained the cat to do 7 tricks.  Well you use 7 cats.

pipefitter

Here's my buddy Patrick. He's an alum of Washington Animal Rescue League and will be 19 years old this July :D

He's frequently at the workbench when I'm working on trains but he always steals my seat whenever I get up (even though he has his own chair)

He also has to get in on all my eBay sales

Washington Animal Rescue League http://www.warl.org/
Grew up next to B&O's Metropolitan Branch - Silver Spring Maryland