News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Your Best Model Pictures...

Started by Santa Fe buff, March 21, 2010, 10:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santa Fe buff

Hi all,
I wanted to see what we had here. I decided to start a topic about showcasing your best model pictures. I can be any model whatsoever, but showcase your best. Let me start us off.

I seriously want to dedicate this picture to Yampa Bob. It made me think of him when I finished it. I call it "The Workhorse of the Union Pacific".

So, let's see what you guys have!  ;)

Cheers,
Joshua
- Joshua Bauer

richg

These are my newest acquisition. A Broadway Limited Impots HO Scale NYC EMD F3 A/B set in Lashed-Up mode. The loco numbers indicate they were used for freight operations according to results of a Google search.
These beast weigh about 1.2 lbs each. That is about 544 grams each.
They can pull anything I put behind them.
Two speakers and a motor in each with a LokSound v3.5 decoder.

Rich

NarrowMinded

Heres one I like On30 porter and you can just see glimpses of kitbashed thomas cars a tank and a goods wagon

NM

Jim Banner

This is a large scale 4-6-0 that I modified for a friend to make it look more like the ten wheelers used by the CPR.  The most obvious differences are the piston valves, headlight, classification lights, and paint job.  Not so obvious are the DCC decoder and motor (both air cooled) and the sound system.

Also visible is part of one of the 17 hand laid turnouts and appliances on this portable large scale layout.  Usually forgotten, I see these as works of art as well.  But that might just be my callouses, blisters, and weeks of work talking.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

r0bert

A Bachmann

some steam

N super power

Guilford Guy

Alex

ebtbob

Good Morning All,

First pic - On30 module that lead to my On30 railroad

Second pic - Part of my HOn3 railroad

Third pic - Bachmann 70 tonner sitting in front of the engine house at the mine on my HO/HOn3 railroad.

Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

ebtbob

Rats.....second try on the Bachmann 70 tonner....

Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

jonathan

Gents,

Your photos are all so awesome!  Wish I had your eye and talent.

I do have two pics I really like.  The first is just after I figured out how add lights to a caboose.  I call it, "Sunrise in West Virginia"

The next is my favorite Loco, moving into hilly country in the middle of the day:

Respectfilly submitted,

Jonathan

jward

the following two photos are of cumberland yard on my layout. they were taken saturday. please excuse the clutter in the background, the layout is a work in progress.

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Jim Banner

Jonathan,
Don't under rate your own modeling and photography.  They both look first rate to me.

But I agree that there are lots of awesome photos in this thread and others on this board.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

NarrowMinded

Jonathan,
I like you caboose photo the best so far it give you the feeling of being there.

NM

Kevin Strong

Tuscarora RR #3 eastbound towards Neelyton (modified Bachmann 2-8-0

Caboose #26 (scratchbuilt)

TRR #3 in the woods

East Broad Top #1 at Neelyton (kitbashed from LGB, Delton, Bachmann parts)

Later,

K

NarrowMinded

Repainted the On30 rail truck I received yesterday set it on my Z scale layout for an outside picture. Still  need to weather the wheels.

NM