News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Diesel Engines

Started by phillyreading, March 22, 2010, 11:15:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillyreading

While almost all maufaturers are producing stuff for the largest railroads, how about some stuff for the northeast railroads, especially the Reading Company and Reading Lines? Also the Central of New Jersey is left out a lot.

Lee F.

cpkoltz2002

It's not just the northeast lines.CGW, Frisco,SP&S,MKT,Soo Line could use a shot in the arm also.

DominicMazoch

And why not SSW!  Just take a SP body and paint it for SSW!

trainkrzy

How about some GP 30's, don't care much about roadnames, just Williams quality and prices. 

Cobrabob8

I would also like to see some GP30s. They could ride on the same frames  the GP38s ride on. The GP30 is a very distinctive looking locomotive. ;D
"Train Kept A Rollin' All Night Long.."

DominicMazoch

SP, UP and ATSF had them!

DominicMazoch

...and UP had GP30B's with s/g for passenger service.

cpkoltz2002

So did the B&O,NYC,N&W,GN,and the CB&Q.I also think the Southern may have had them also.

DominicMazoch

Southern had them in high short hood version!

DominicMazoch

jpstrainyard

JP of Acton MA USA writes:

In the diesel category, I would like to see commuter locos, such as F40-PHs, BL20GHs, F40-PHIs (streamlined version of standard F40-PHs), F59-PHIs, Budd Diesel Rail Cars. Also GP class, SD class, F class, "carbody" locos, and freight diesels such as plymouth switchers, NW/SW class, GE class, EMD class, Gensets, MP15 ACs/DCs, S-4s, GP40FH-2/PH-2, MP36PH, United Aircraft Turbo Trains, NYC "experimental" jet powered RDC Budd Car with streamlined front cowling, M10,000 streamliners, B&M Flying Yankee/Burlington Zephyr streamliners, industrial 4 or 6 wheel dockside diesel switcher locos, New Jersey Transit DMU Light Rail Rapid Transit Cars Perhaps MOW equipment, speeders, High Rail track inspection cars, and Trackmobiles.
Sincerely: JP

DominicMazoch

WBB does make Amtrak Genesis locos.

phillyreading

What about SD-70's in FEC(Florida East Coast) roadname? FEC is only  freight service & runs down Florida's east coast and into parts of southern Georgia.

Lee F.

DominicMazoch

When did the FEC go nto GA?  i thought the road onloy ran in FL?  Anyway, there are 2 FEC Sd70's liveries you can pick.  And the Blue and yellow is like the Alaska units......

Cobrabob8

Back in 1980 MPC/Lionel made some nice red, yellow and silver Florida East Coast GP9s which I purchased back then. Maybe WBB will consider some for their 2011 catalog. I think that the ones I have from Lionel are a real sharp paint scheme.
   Cobrabob.
"Train Kept A Rollin' All Night Long.."